BASNet 2014 : The 3rd International Workshop on Body Area Sensor Networks
Call For Papers
The 3rd International Workshop on Body Area Sensor Networks (BASNet-14) provides an international forum on the latest technologies and research in the field of Body Area Networks (BANs). BASNet-2014 will be held in Halifax, Canada (22-25 September 2014) in conjunction with the 4th International Conference on Current and Future Trends of Information and Communication Technologies in Healthcare (ICTH-2014).
Workshop Website: www.cs.dal.ca/~zkhan/BASNet-14/
The workshop provides a multi-disciplinary collaborative forum for researchers and practitioners to submit papers with novel ideas, innovative solutions, and research results related to the field of the Body Area Sensor Networks. The workshop also invites researchers to submit original work on sensors communication in Body Area Networks.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Wearable and implantable sensors
• Bio-sensors communication
• Sensors communication in Body Area Networks
• Body Area Networks in Hospital environment
• Body Area Networks for Medical Applications
• Routing Layer protocols for Body Area Networks
• MAC Layer protocols for Body Area Networks
• Cross layer routing protocols for Body Area Networks
• Body Area Networks and cloud computing
• RFID tags for Body Area Networks
• Security protocols for Body Area Networks
• E-Health wireless applications
• Body Area Networks used for patient health monitoring
• Submission due: 01 June, 2014 (Extended).
• Notification of acceptance: 24 June, 2014.
• Camera-ready due: 17 July, 2014.
• Workshop: 22-25 September, 2014.
SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the ICTH-2014 proceedings, which will be published by Elsevier. The authors must follow Elsevier guidelines as given in ICTH-2014 website (http://cs-conferences.acadiau.ca/icth-14/). The number of pages for workshop papers is limited to 6 pages. Authors should submit their contributions electronically in PDF format at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=basnet2014.
The submission processes will be managed by easychair.org. If you have used this system before, you can use the same username and password. If this is your first time using EasyChair, you will need to register for an account by clicking "I have no EasyChair account" button. Upon completion of registration, you will get a notification email from the system and you are ready for submitting your paper. You can upload and re-upload the paper to the system by the submission due date.
All BASNet-2014 accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series (on-line). Procedia Computer Sciences is hosted on www.Elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com), and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Thomson Reuters' Conference Proceeding Citation Index http://thomsonreuters.com/conference-proceedings-citation-index/. The papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI numbers. You will be able to provide a hyperlink to all delegates and direct your conference website visitors to your proceedings. All accepted papers will also be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/).
The selective outstanding papers presented at the workshop, after further revision, will be considered for publication in journals special issues at ICTH’14.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
• Bill Robertson, Dalhousie University (Canada)
• William Phillips, Dalhousie University (Canada)
• Shyamala Sivakumar, Saint Mary's University (Canada)
• Sherali Zeadally, University of Kentucky (USA)
• Ansar-Ul-Haque Yasar, Hasselt University (Belgium)
• Saad Qaiser, NUST (Pakistan)
• Farrukh A. Khan, King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
• Muhammad Moid Sandhu, COMSATS IIT (Pakistan)
• Muhammad Imran, King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
• Ayesha Hussain Khan, COMSATS IIT (Pakistan)
• Umar Qasim, University of Alberta (Canada)
• Hasan Mehmood, Quaid-i-Azam University (Pakistan)
• Hai Wang, Saint Mary's University (Canada)
• Kashif Saleem, King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
• Faisal Shaikh, MUET (Pakistan)
• Amjad Gawanmeh, Concordia University (Canada)
• Turki Alghamdi, Umm AlQura University (Saudi Arabia)
• Zahoor Khan, Dalhousie University (Canada)
• Nadeem Javaid, COMSATS IIT (Pakistan)