IEEE FG Evaluations 2014 : IEEE International Conference on Face and Gesture Recognition 2015 - Evaluations
Call For Papers
The organizers of the FG2015 are therefore soliciting evaluation proposals to be considered in a Special session on Evaluation at the FG2015. The possible areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Face recognition in the wild
- Challenging sub-problems in face recognition (e.g. detection, tracking, image normalization)
- Biometrics beyond face recognition
- Anti-spoofing and aliveness detection
- Soft-biometrics (age estimation, gender recognition, ethnicity, kinship, …)
- Visual attributes extraction
- Hand posture and hand gesture recognition
- Depth sensing based challenges
- Facial expression recognition
- Action recognition
We strongly encourage evaluations that reflect performance on datasets that reflect real-world conditions typical for realistic applications.
Evaluations should start no later than the end of April 2014 and last about five months. Results should preferably be known before the FG2015 paper submission deadline (Sep 30th, 2014) but a separate submission track will be available for the evaluation summary papers.
Publication in Proceedings and Presentation at the Conference
Coordinators of the evaluations will be invited to submit a summary paper to the separate submission track, discussing organization, benchmark dataset, and results, until Oct 31 2014, to be published in the Proceedings of the FG2015 Conference Workshops and Evaluations. The evaluation summary papers should respect the same format and guidelines as regular papers, and will undergo the same review process as regular papers. We encourage preparation of papers in which all authors who have contributed to the evaluation, i.e., submitting the results, would be coauthors. In addition, all of the organized evaluations will have the opportunity to present their results at the main part of the conference during a Special Session devoted to the evaluations.
An evaluation proposal should include the following information
- Names, e-mail contact, affiliations, a brief CV of the evaluation coordinator(s), for each organizer please list three most relevant publications in the field related to the evaluation.
- Justification of the evaluation including:
* A description of the novelty of the proposed evaluation,
* Reasons why it is interesting to the community,
* Details of any other previous workshops/challenges/evaluations/competitions,
* Target audience.
- Detailed description of evaluation execution:
* Estimated number of algorithms/systems in the evaluation,
* Description of the benchmark dataset(s),
* Description of the results submission procedure and evaluation protocol.
- Draft call for participation
- Web page: Coordinators will be requested to prepare a web page describing the evaluation, which will be linked from the conference web site. The evaluation proposal should provide a tentative web page URL.
Please send your proposals to
Sébastien Marcel (email@example.com) and Matej Kristan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for submitting evaluation proposals: March 14, 2014
Notification of acceptance: April 4th, 2014
Submission of evaluation results (as an evaluation summary paper): Oct 31, 2014
Sébastien Marcel (email@example.com)
Matej Kristan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The FG2015 homepage