Cognitive 2014 : The 4th International Workshop on Cognitive-Inspired Networks, Systems and Applications
Call For Papers
Cognitive 2014: The 4th International Workshop on Cognitive-Inspired Networks, Systems and Applications
Location: Shanghai, China, October 10 - 12, 2014
IEEE Computer Society (Technically Co-sponsored),
IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation,
IEEE CS Task Force on Networked Mobile Systems,
Beijing Jiaotong University,
University of Louisville.
Patrons: AT&T, InfoBeyond, EMC/Pivotal, RainStor, and Huawei
June 13, 2014 - Conference Paper Submission Deadline
July 13, 2014 - Notification of Acceptance/Rejection & Registration Starts
August 1, 2014 - Camera-Ready Paper Submission Due & Registration Due
For more information about the conference, please visit www.CyberC.org or contact us at Papers@CyberC.org.
Cognitive radio (CR) technologies have substantially improved the wireless communications performances, in a cost-effective way, by exploiting the underutilized licensed bands. However, there are several issues that still need to be addressed to take full advantages of the CR. Cognitive-workshop 2014 is to promote research works in the emerging cognitive-inspired fields to address the existing challenges including dynamic spectrum access, cognitive radio network design and optimization, software-defined and flexible radio architectures, multi-channel multi-user modeling, collaborative communications, cross layer design, routing method. In addition, cognitive computational modeling and theory from machines, e.g., expert systems, behavior recognitions, dynamical systems, and Bayesian modeling, are also in the scope of the workshop. It solicits high quality papers that illustrate novel cognitive methods, algorithms, theoretical analysis, modeling, research results, applications, projects, surveys and industrial experiences. It will serve as a forum for researchers to present and discuss the latest research results, novel cognitive techniques, concepts and analyses.
Authors of Cognitive-workshop 2014 are promoted to freely enjoy CyberC 2014 and Big Data Summit. Both of the events are co-sponsored by a several CR related industry companies.
Authors are invited to submit original technical papers covering but not limited to the topics of interest listed below:
• Cognitive modeling and architecture
• Spectrum and power optimization
• Cognitive networking and security
• Cognitive ad hoc network and vehicle networks
• CR for satellite and deep-space communication networks
• Dynamic radio resource management / interference coordination
• Learning/training algorithms
• Cross-layer design for cognitive networking
• Self-organized networks
• Geographical-aware network, localization, security, and applications
• Cooperative radio resource management
• Multi-antenna / multi-link transmission
• Wideband, cooperative, and compressed spectrum sensing
• OFDM/FFT/Modulation for CR
• Directional antenna design and networking for CR
• Asynchronous signal sensing in CR
• Cognitive channel / interference modeling
• Hardware prototypes for cognitive radio
• LPD/LPI/resiliency/routing/data security
• Policy based cognitive radio control for CR
• Dynamic systems and Bayesian modeling for CR
• Machine & human behavior recognitions and network data analysis
• Cognitive computational modeling and theory
• Expert systems for CR
Authors are invited to submit original technical papers to EasyChair at
Electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with title of “Cognitive 2014 Submission” is also accepted.
Please DO NOT submit both ways.
All accepted and presented papers, including the workshops’ papers, will be published by IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and are included in the IEEE Xplore database. They will be further arranged for indexing through IEE INSPEC, EI (Compendex), and Thomson ISI. Authors of accepted papers, or at least one of them, should register and present their work at the conference, otherwise their papers will be removed from the digital libraries of IEEE Xplore and EI after the conference.