Big Data 2014 : The 2nd International Workshop on Big Data
Call For Papers
Big Data 2014: The 2nd International Workshop on Big Data
Location: Shanghai, China, October 10 - 12, 2014
IEEE Computer Society (Technically Co-sponsored),
IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation,
IEEE CS Task Force on Networked Mobile Systems,
Beijing Jiaotong University,
University of Louisville.
Patrons: AT&T, InfoBeyond, EMC/Pivotal, RainStor, and Huawei
June 13, 2014 - Conference Paper Submission Deadline
July 13, 2014 - Notification of Acceptance/Rejection & Registration Starts
August 1, 2014 - Camera-Ready Paper Submission Due & Registration Due
For more information about the conference, please visit www.CyberC.org or contact us at Papers@CyberC.org.
Big Data recently has become a new ubiquitous term to describe large datasets that are challenging to store, search, share, visualize, and analyze. Effective management and analysis of the Big Data would bring great benefits and unique opportunities to the users. However, the conventional methods are limited on providing desirable operations on Big Data. The Big Data workshop 2014 (BigData 2014) is to promote research works in this emerging area of Big Data-inspired computing, networks, systems, and applications. BigData 2014, held in conjunction with CyberC 2014, aims to provide a leading forum for sharing and exchanging experiences, new ideas, and research results on broad topics of Big Data Research, Development, and Applications. It solicits high quality papers that illustrate novel Big Data models, architecture and infrastructure, management, search and processing, security and privacy, applications, surveys and industrial experiences.
Authors of Big Data workshop 2014 are promoted to freely enjoy CyberC 2014 and Big Data Summit. Both of the events are co-sponsored and participated by several Big Data related industry companies.
Authors are cordially invited to submit original research papers in any aspects of Big Data with emphasis on but are not limited to the following topics:
Big Data Theory and Foundation:
• Theoretical and Computational Models for Big Data
• Information Quantitative and Qualitative for Big Data
• Theories and Methodologies for Big Data Processing
• Architectures and Designs of Big Data Processing Systems
Big Data Infrastructure:
• Cloud/Grid/Stream Computing for Big Data
• High Performance/Parallel Computing Platforms for Big Data
• System Architectures, Platforms, Design, and Deployment for Big Data
• Energy-efficient Computing for Big Data
• Programming Models and Environments for Cluster, Cloud, and Grid Computing
Big Data Management:
• Advanced Database and Web Applications for Big Data
• Data Model and Structure for Big Data
• Data Preservation and Provenance
• Interfaces to Database Systems and Analytics Software
• Data and Information Integration and Fusion for Big Data
• Data Management for Mobile, Pervasive and Grid Computing
• Scientific and Social Data Management and Workflow Optimization
Big Data Search and Processing:
• Big Data Search Architecture, Scalability, and Efficiency
• Algorithms and Architectures for Big Data Search, Mining and Processing
• Search, Store and Process Big Data in Distributed, Grid and Cloud Systems
• Semantic-based Big Data Analytics and Processing
• Multi-Structured Multi-Domain Big Data Fusion and Integration
• Ontology Representations and Processing in Big Data
• Automatic and Machine Learning Methods for Big Data
• Hadoop and MapReduce based Approaches for Big Data Processing
Big Data Protection, Security and Privacy:
• Threat and Intrusion Detection for High Speed Networks
• High Performance and Efficiency Data Cryptography
• Privacy Threats Analysis for Big Data Systems
• Visualizing Large Scale Security Data
• Security and Risk in Big Data Processing
• Trust, Reputation and Recommendation Systems for Big Data Systems
• Privacy and Security Preservation for Multi-Level Security (MLS) Cross-domain Big Data Computing System
Big Data Applications:
• Big Data Applications and Software in Science, Engineering, Healthcare, Finance, Business, Transportation, Telecommunications, etc.
• Big Data Analytics in Small Business Enterprises, Public Sector and Government.
• Big Data Industry Standards
• Development and Deployment Experiences with Big Data Systems.
Paper Submission Web: http://edas.info/ by clicking on “Big Data 2014”.
Electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with title of “Big Data 2014 Submission” is also accepted.
Please DO NOT submit both ways.
All accepted and presented papers, including the workshops’ papers, will be published by IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and are included in the IEEE Xplore database. They will be further arranged for indexing through IEE INSPEC, EI (Compendex), and Thomson ISI. Authors of accepted papers, or at least one of them, should register and present their work at the conference, otherwise their papers will be removed from the digital libraries of IEEE Xplore and EI after the conference.