AI4ALL 2014 : Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Ambient Assisted Living
Call For Papers
Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Ambient Assisted Living (AI4AAL)
This workshop is under the 21st European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI2014).
Call for Papers
The concept of ambient assisted living (AAL) can be explained as “the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in a person’s daily living and working environment to enable them to stay active longer, remain socially connected and live independently into old age” (http://www.aal-europe.eu). AAL aims to provide assistive solutions for people with a wide range of physical and cognitive challenges, although the focus is often on supporting older persons. AAL uses sensing technology embedded in objects, or in the environment or worn on the person to promote health and enhance wellbeing, or to help maintain an independent life at home. The sensor data is analysed to detect activity and infer knowledge about the physical or cognitive status of the person; recognising and classifying patterns, detecting trends, and unusual or anomalous behaviour.
This workshop will discuss and disseminate work on Artificial Intelligence for Ambient Assisted Living. Challenges in a variety of related research fields have been raised including: human behaviour analysis, modelling and understanding; human activity recognition, human-environment interaction, human-robot interaction, processing of sensor data… To address these challenges, contributions are welcomed particularly in the following areas and their application to AAL:
- Affective computing
- Behaviour and activity analysis
- Human activity recognition
- Human-environment interaction
- Intelligent sensors
- Multi-agent systems
- Object recognition in smart environments
The submitted papers must be formatted as the standard ECAI proceedings, please find the details in http://www.ecai2014.org/papers/.
- Submission of full papers: Sunday May 25th 2014
- Distribution to reviewers: Monday May 26th 2014
- Deadline for reviews: Friday June 20th 2014
- Notification to authors: Monday June 23rd 2014
- Submission of Camera Ready: Friday July 18th 2014
- Workshop: August 18th or 19th 2014
- Dr. Francisco Florez-Revuelta, Kingston University, UK
- Prof. Paolo Remagnino, Kingston University, UK
- Dr. Dorothy Ndedi Monekosso, Kingston University, UK
- Dr. Feng Gu, Kingston University, UK
- Dr. Alexandros Andre Chaaraoui, University of Alicante, Spain
AI4ALL will be held as a workshop of the European Conference on Artificial Intelligence at Prague, Czech Republic. All the accepted papers will be published in online proceedings. Registration and submission to this workshop will be based on the ECAI system.