IEEE WLN 2014 : IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Local Networks
Call For Papers
The 14th IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Local Networks (WLN'14)
Held in conjunction with the 39th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN'14)
WLNs in the 5G Era
With over 5 billion devices generating data and spurring an exponential rise in mobile data traffic, mobile operators need to examine new ways for improving coverage and network capacity in the Internet of Things. Next generation 5G networks are expected to be deployed by 2020, with design targets focusing on increased peak data rates, network capacity, and smart connectivity. This year WLN will focus on the characteristics of 5G networks, their technical design challenges, and the services they are expected to provide to wireless local networks and the future Internet.
- Specific topics include, but are not limited to:
- 5G – The quest for spectral efficiency
- 5G infrastructure and design challenges
- Virtualized and cloud-based radio access infrastructure
- Wireless access schemes and techniques
- Mobility and network management
- Cognitive and reconfigurable radio
- Small cell and ultra-dense deployment techniques
- New services for the future Internet
- The transition to 5G – Backward compatibility issues, and multi-RAT coexistence
- Backhauling future heterogeneous and moving networks
- 5G and the explosive growth of data traffic
- Wireless and Mobile Clouds
- Implementation and testbed issues
We seek original contributions that have neither been previously published nor currently under review. Authors can submit a full paper (up to 8 pages) that describes complete work in a self-contained manner with the intent to deliver an oral presentation.
For style guidelines, kindly refer to the author instructions available on the IEEE LCN 2014 website: http://www.ieeelcn.org/Author_Instructions.html.
Papers must be submitted via EDAS. All accepted submissions will be published in the LCN’14 proceedings and the ieeeXplore portal.
Paper submission: May 1st, 2014
Notification of acceptance: May 30, 2014
Camera-ready copy due: June 30, 2014
Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
Technical Program Chairs
Mervat Abu Elkheir, Mansoura University, Egypt
Sharief Oteafy, Queen's University, Canada