Theatre Methods 2015 : Theatre Between Tradition & Contemporaneity 2015
Call For Papers
"Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity: Theatre - Dance - Music - Visual & Multimedia Art - Arts Administration - Performing Arts Training - Theatre Design & Technology" is the annual professional multidisciplinary conference researching the Bridge between Tradition and Contemporaneity in performing arts.
The conference programme brings together performers, practising performing arts academics and artists from different countries and various disciplines.
The conference programme is highly recommended to performing arts practitioners and researchers: arts administrators, producers, performing arts educators, actors, directors, choreographers, dancers, musicians, stage designers, costume designers, painters, mask makers, multimedia artists, scriptwriters, playwrights, theatre critics and journalists interested in the research of traditional methods as applied to contemporary performing arts work, searching for international network opportunities and new collaboration partners.
The main tasks of the meeting are to demonstrate various methods and techniques in contemporary performing arts inspired and formed in the connection with the world traditional heritage; to exchange experience and ideas in performing arts education and training, rehearsal process, performance making and production, to establish new contacts and to lay the foundation for future networking and collaboration with colleagues from different countries, to promote creative collaboration in multicultural and multilingual artistic environment.
You are welcome to take part as a Presenter/Speaker or a Participant/Observer.
At the moment the Conference is accepting presentation proposals!
Registration and Submission Guidelines
The conference offers a great platform and opportunity for performers, performing arts educators and teachers to demonstrate their methods and techniques, to share creative work with international audience from different countries and to find new collaboration partners.*
- practical workshop/master class
- work in progress/work demonstration
- performance fragment not requiring special technical conditions
- interactive talk/lecture/discussion
- photo/video demonstration
- research presentation
- other way of demonstration offered by Speaker/Presenter can be considered
To submit your presentation proposal, please send the following information to email@example.com
- Brief letter of motivation stating the conference dates and describing the purpose of your application.
- Presentation title and format: please clearly describe, if this is a practical "practical participatory" workshop or a "sitting" talk, conversation, lecture, etc.
- Brief presentation overview and plan - about 250 words.
- Technical requests (for example, CD player, video projector, etc.).
- Detailed CV.
- Brief biography - about 100 words.
- Head shot (good quality JPG), several additional photos (optional).
Important note for Speakers/Presenters: in preparing your presentation, please consider the following:
- Practical and interactive formats of presentation are very welcome.
- The duration of each presentation slot is 60 min (including follow-up questions).
- If the Presenter would like to book a longer slot in the programme, the conditions can be negotiated individually (subject to availability in the program).
- Presenter's and Speakers are welcome to bring their promotional materials, booklets, flyers, cards, DVDs, book samples, etc. to share with participants.
- Conference participants represent various artistic practices, genres, techniques and styles.
- Your colleagues will come from different countries of the world, for some of them English is not a native tongue.
- The conference programme is forming quickly, the number of presentation slots is limited.
The working language is English.
REGISTRATION & MORE DETAILS: