KPICGS 2014 : KANITA Postgraduate International Conference on Gender Studies (KPICGS) 2014
Call For Papers
KANITA Postgraduate International Conference on Gender Studies (KPICGS) 2014
Call for Papers (Deadline Extended)
Marginality, Inclusiveness and Social Justice: Contemporary Challenges in Researching Women, Men and Gender
Dates: 13th-14th August 2014 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Venue: Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang, Malaysia
KPICGS aims to open conversations amongst young and/ or new scholars on different aspects of their research and academic experiences.
- All postgraduate students are welcome to submit abstracts to the KPICGS.
- Young scholars who are not currently registered as students with any institutions are also welcome to submit abstracts to the conference. They must have obtained their Master's or PhD degrees within 2 years prior to the date of the conference.
- The first author of a paper submitted must be the student or young scholar and the paper must be prepared and based on work done substantially by the student or young scholar.
- Interested individuals who do not submit papers may also attend as participants.
Papers may be prepared to fit into the following sub-themes:
- Culture, religion and gender
- Entrepreneurship, micro-enterprise and empowerment
- Gender in culture, communication, language and the arts
- Globalisation, transnationalism and migration
- Healthcare, social entitlements and social justice
- Law, policy and gender
- Patriarchy, the family and feminist discourses
- Sexuality, masculinity and identity politics
- Sustainable development and environmental issues
- Violence against women
- Women, leadership and the political process
Kindly visit http://kanita.usm.my for more information.