SFCK 2009 : First Software Freedom Conference of Kosova
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
First International Software Freedom Conference of Kosova
August 29/30, 2009
Prishtina / Kosovo
The University of Prishtina and Free/Libre Open Source Software Association of Kosovo (FLOSSK) are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the First International Software Freedom Conference of Kosova, which will be held on August 29 and 30 at the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engeneering, University of Prishtina.
Considering the pioneering nature of this conference, the focus will be on the following subjects:
* What is free software and open source?
* How can free and open source software help in economic development?
* How can public and private institutions benefit from free and open source software?
* Copyright, Licensing and Patents
* Wikimedia and Free Culture
* Use of free and open source software for Schools and Business?
* How to work with Microsoft using Free Software and Open Source?
* Developers presenting work on projects.
* Use and development of free and open source software for:
2. OS Kernel,
3. Programming/scripting languages,
4. Development tools,
9. Web, Web 2.0,
11. Multimedia and video production
13. Voice over IP
Authors are encouraged to also submit papers on any other topic not listed above but related to free and open source software.
Call for papers closes
15 July 2009
Initial notification of acceptance
25 July 2009
Deadline for final versions of papers
10 August 2009
29/30 August 2009
Your proposal will need to include:
* Your name and a bit of bio info (include a bit about your qualifications regarding your presentation topic)
* Name of talk
* A really brief summary of the presentation (around 200 words). If the paper is accepted you will need to provide a summary of your paper in no more than 1000 words.
* Who your talk is likely to interest (some keywords)
* Name and bio information of any co-authors
Papers can be in one of the national languages of Kosovo or preferably in English.
Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their proposal by the proposal acceptance date.
If you require faster confirmation of acceptance (for example, because you are traveling from overseas and require extra time to make arrangements) please communicate this to the committee when submitting your proposal
Submissions can be made by e-mailing your paper to: email@example.com or alternatively by visiting our webpage: http://www.kosovasoftwarefreedom.org/.
Even if you are not interested to speak, we encourage you to pariticpate at the conference. Registration is open and can be accessed by going to:
The organizers of the conference, University of Prishtina and FLOSSK have setup a programme committee to oversee the programme of the Conference. This committee consists of the following members:
Mentor Arifaj, University of Prishtina (Chair)
Bernard Nikaj, FLOSSK (Chair)
Lule Ahmedi, University of Prishtina
James Mike Dupont, FLOSSK
Agni Dika, University of Prishtina
Blerim Rexha, University of Prishtina
Nysret Musliu, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Idriz Smaili, Bosch GmbH, Austria
Flavia Marzano, FLOSSK, Italy
Isak Shabani, University of Prishtina
Milot Shala, FLOSSK
Ehat Qerimi, University of Prishtina
Arber Dhomi, FLOSSK
Toshaan Bharvani, FLOSSK. Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium
Artan Rexhepi, University of Prishtina
For any further information feel free to contact the Chairs of the committe at: Mentor Arifaj (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bernard Nikaj (email@example.com)
Please register at
For speakers we will be looking for funding of the travel if qualified.
here is our google groups :
and our ning social network :
Here are the existing papers
You can submit a paper here:
here is our twitter account :