4DIACUW 2014 : 5th 4DIAC Users' Workshop
Call For Papers
Aims and Objectives:
The open source initiative 4DIAC – Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control (www.fordiac.org) has been founded with the idea to support research activities and industrial adoption of distributed automation systems. During the last years, 4DIAC grew with new versions, added improvements and new features for the modeling of distributed automation systems as well as the corresponding runtime environment. Moreover, a special focus was on the performance improvement of the runtime system. Even more important, 4DIAC as an IEC 61499-compliant distributed control environment for industrial and research applications has proven to be a stable basis for further research towards the next generation of distributed automation and control systems based on open standards.
With this workshop we would like to bring the developers and users of 4DIAC together as the users are the main drivers of ongoing development activities. This event should provide a discussion platform to present novel research and achieved results based on the 4DIAC open source project. Moreover, new ideas and approaches as well as near future plans for 4DIAC can be discussed which turn this initiative into the position to become a larger framework for many application domains.
Contributions to this workshop may address, but are not limited to:
- Application of 4DIAC in automation projects across different industrial domains
- Extension to the runtime environment (FORTE) and engineering tool (4DIAC-IDE)
- Integration with new communication technologies or porting to new hardware devices
- Interoperability with different automation systems
- Proposals for extending the 4DIAC environment
Hands on Tutorial:
Programming Distributed Embedded Real-Time Control Systems with 4DIAC
The half day workshop will be accompanied by a half day hands on tutorial session where the 4DIAC team will explain how to use 4DIAC. The following topics will be covered:
- Short Introduction to IEC 61499 and 4DIAC
- Updates and changes in the 2nd Edition of IEC 61499
- Future plans for IEC 61499
- Guided small control application example
- Implementing a control application for a simulated press
Workshop Presentation Formats and Submission of Proposals
Authors may consider the following two presentation formats:
- Workshop presentation: Oral given presentation on the above topics.
- Workshop poster on the above topics: Intended for 4DIAC users not able to visit the workshop
Presentations and posters will be published on the 4DIAC webpage after the event.
Proposals are to be submitted electronically. For further details, please consult the workshop web page: http://www.fordiac.org/52.0.html
Alois Zoitl, fortiss GmbH, Germany
Gerhard Ebenhofer, PROFACTOR GmbH, Austria
Thomas Strasser, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria