Wicon 2014 : The 8th International Wireless Internet Conference - Symposium on Wireless and Vehicular Communication
Conference Series : International Wireless Internet Conference
Call For Papers
Continuing the tradition of this series of symposia, WiCON 2014 will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in most state-of-the-art areas communications, including the ones listed below.
This year, special focus will be on the challenging issues and opportunities related to the Vehicular communication in the era of 5G. You are invited to submit a full paper or a proposal for a panel/invited session, workshop or a tutorial, related to the following topics of interest.
* The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
* All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
* Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks Symposium
* Information and Coding Theory Symposium
* Signal Processing for Communications Symposium
* Wireless Communications and Networking Symposium
* Green & Vehicular Communications Symposium
* Network and Information Security Symposium
* Multimedia Communications & Smart Networking Symposium
* Optical Communications and Networking Symposium
* Communication QoS, Reliability & Modeling Symposium
* Cognitive Radio and Networks Symposium
* Communication Software, Services and E-health Symposium
* Industry Networks and Intelligent System Track
* Full Paper Due 30 June 2014
* Tutorial Proposal 31 July 2014
* Acceptance Notification 1 August 2014
* Camera-ready Due 1 September 2014
Dr. Shahid Mumtaz, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
General Vise Chairs
Dr. Jonathan Rodrigues, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Dr. Stephen Wang, Toshiba Research Europe Limited, UK
Technical Program Chairs
Prof. Marcos Katz, University of Oulu, Finland
Technical Program Vice Co-Chairs
Prof. Lie-Liang Yang, University of Southampton, UK
Dr. Joaquim Bastos, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Prof. Frank Fitzek, Aalborg University, Denmark
Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, USA
Dr. Mustafa Youssef, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology, Egypt
Proposals should provide a focused lecture on new and emerging topics within the scope of communications. Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted. For additional information see the registration information page.
Full details of submission procedures are available at: http://wicon.org/2014/show/home
Accepted papers will be published in the Qshine Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines. LNICST volumes are submitted for inclusion to leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar, ACM Digital Library, ISI Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus and Zentralblatt Math, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.
About EAI - The European Alliance for Innovation is a dynamic eco-system for fostering ICT enabled innovation to improve European competitiveness and to benefit society. Find out more at http://www.eai.eu.