call for book chapters 2014 : Computational Intelligence in Electronic Design
Call For Papers
Computational Intelligence in Electronic Design
A book edited by Mourad Fakhfakh (University of Sfax, Tunisia), Esteban Tlelo-Cuautle (INAOE, Mexico), and Patrick Siarry (University of Paris-Est Créteil, France)
To be published by SPRINGER
Objective of the Book:
The book will collect recent advances in computational intelligence, such as algorithms, design methods and techniques, and tools focused on the design automation of integrated circuits and systems. The goal is devoted to highlight new biasing and sizing approaches and optimization techniques, and will highlight their application to the design of high performance digital, analog, VLSI, radio-frequency and mixed-signal circuits and systems.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Computational intelligence in EDA,
• Memetic, multi-meme and hybrid algorithms in the design automation of circuits and systems,
• Theory and applications of evolutionary algorithms in the digital, AMS/RF circuit design and synthesis,
• Swarm intelligence in the design and synthesis of electronic circuits,
• Application of heuristics, metaheuristics and hyperheuristics to VLSI design,
• Reliability and performance optimization for digital, analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuits,
• Recent advances in optimization tools and methodologies for CAD,
• Equation-based and simulation-based optimization techniques,
• Applications of computational intelligence in the Yield optimization, design centering, and design trade-offs of integrated circuits,
• Optimization of IP integration,
• Advanced system-on-chip optimization,
• System-level energy optimization of HW embedded systems,
• System-level trade-off analysis and multi-objective (yield, power, delay, area …) optimization,
• Technology-independent/technology-aware optimization,
• Cell-library design and optimization,
• Post-placement optimization,
• Cell-library design optimization,
• Power, thermal and leakage optimization,
• Neural and bio-inspired techniques applied in the related domains,
• Optimization for new electronics and applications.
Submission Procedure and Deadlines:
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before March 15, 2014 a one-page chapter proposal abstract (PDF file) encompassing the tentative chapter title, the authors' names and affiliations, a contact e-mail address and an ~500 word abstract.
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by April 1, 2014 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines.
Full chapters (25 to 30 pages) are expected to be submitted by July 1, 2014.
Authors will be notified about the review decision and reports on September 15, 2014.
Camera ready versions (in Latex -most preferred- or in MS Word) and signed copyrights should be submitted before October 1, 2014.
The book is expected to be available in the 1st quarter of 2015
Editors' contact information:
Dr. Mourad Fakhfakh (main contact)
University of Sfax, Tunisia
Tel. (+216) 22 89 39 43
Prof. Esteban Tlelo-Cuautle
Prof. Patrick Siarry
University of Paris-Est Créteil, France