LAW AND ICT/ INFO 2014 : II WORKSHOP ON LAW AND ICT IN THE INFORMATION SOCIETY / INFO 2014
Call For Papers
II WORKSHOP ON LAW AND ICT IN THE INFORMATION SOCIETY
"Saving human dignity in Cyberspace"
INFO 2014, 14-18 April 2014. Havana, Cuba
The Organizing Committee of the International Congress of Information INFO 2014 has once again included in its professional program, a new edition of the Workshop on Law and ICT in the Information Society to focus on the legal protection of digital objects, debate on the mechanisms of regulation and help to delineate the public policies to convene the community of nations to protect human dignity in Cyberspace.
The Scientific Committee on INFO 2014 invites researchers and practitioners interested in participating in the II Workshop on Law and ICT in the Information Society to present research papers, review and/or case studies and best practices related to the topics following:
• Legal security in Web: Engineering of legal knowledge and modeling of legal principles.
• Legal framework for ICT and Emerging Technologies.
• E-Government and Interoperability of Data, Documents and Legal Proceedings.
• Regulatory Challenges of Open Government.
• Right to Information.
• Protection of personal data of citizens.
• Files and public repositories: Management and information security. Open licensing.
• Management and Regime of Intellectual Property for digital objects.
It also calls for a "hackathon": meeting for engineers and developers to build applications for open government data.
Job Submission: before February 15, 2014
Notification of acceptance of papers: before February 28, 2014
Delivery of the final version of the paper for publication in the proceedings of the Congress: before March 10, 2014
The papers must be submitted electronically to the General Coordinator of the Forum, with a copy to the other coordinators. The presentations will be structured as follows:
• Title (in Spanish and English).
• Summary (in Spanish and English), with no more than 250 words.
• Keywords (in Spanish and English).
• Materials and methods.
For more information on the specifications on the format of the works is recommended to download the template available on the official conference site at the following address http://www.congreso-info.cu, where you can find further information on the overall program congress , registration, room reservations and other aspects of interest.
Yarina Amoroso Fernández
Cuban Society of Law and Informatics,
Union of Jurists of Cuba
Patricia Reyes Olmedo
Chilean Institute of Law and Technologies
Maria Elena Dorta-Duque
Director of Scientific Information
Superior Institute of International Relations, ISRI, Cuba