SIWNS 2014 : Special Issue on Emerging Research on Wireless Network Security
Call For Papers
Special Issue on Emerging Research on Wireless Network Security
Rapid advances in wireless communications and networking technologies are gradually making the dream of ubiquitous high-speed network access a reality. Unlike the wired networks, the unique characteristics of mobile networks pose a number of nontrivial challenges to security design, such as open peer-to-peer network architecture, shared wireless medium, stringent resource constraints, highly dynamic network topology, and absence of a trusted infrastructure. Ubiquitous roaming impacts on a radio access system by requiring that it supports handover between neighboring cells and different networks. Also, mobile networks are more exposed to interferences than wired networks. Such ubiquitous network access allows vandals and criminals to exploit vulnerabilities in networked systems on a widespread basis. This situation makes security and privacy designs for emerging wireless networks both critical and challenging. As a result, we need to build wireless systems and networks in which various applications allow users to enjoy more comprehensive services while preserving trust, security and privacy at the same time.
This Special Issue aims to identifying and exploring different issues and challenges related to security aspects in Wireless Networks. This covers Analysis of existing wireless network security models, Impacts (benefits & troubles) of wireless network security in today’s world. Proposed models for better security. Applications and case study on Wireless Network Security & Privacy management.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Models for wireless networks security
• Secure mobile PHY/MAC protocols
• Algorithms for wireless networks Security
• Secure mobile-routing protocols
• Privacy management for wireless networks
• Security under resource constraints
• Cross-layer design for trust, security and privacy in wireless networks
• Secure roaming across administrative domains
• Economics of wireless network security
• Trust establishment, negotiation, and management
• Privacy and anonymity of Wireless Network
• Key management in wireless networks
• Threat and vulnerability analysis for mobile communication
• Cryptographic protocols for Wireless Network Security
• Authentication and access control in mobile networks
• Intrusion detection and tolerance in Wireless Network
• Denial of service in Wireless networks
• Case study of Wireless Network Security
LAST DATE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION: March 18, 2014
PAPER ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: March 28, 2014
SUBMISSION OF REVISED FINAL PAPERS: April 5, 2014
IJAIS PUBLICATION DATE: April 10, 2014
Dr. Kamaljit I Lakhtaria
Authors are requested to submit the manuscripts to email@example.com bearing the subject line "IJAIS Submission for Special Issue : Emerging Research on Wireless Network Security". A copy (cc) of the same must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The manuscripts must comply with the prescribed IJAIS template.
Charge for Publication
Charge for special paper (applicable only for this special issue): USD 55.00 [or Equivalent Amount in Regional Currency]
Charges include contribution towards publication, indexing, and maintenance of link resolvers, journal infrastructures and IJAIS research funding program. Details regarding procuring print copy of the journal can be found at this link.