ISWC 2014 : International Semantic Web Conference 2014 - First Call for Research Track
Conference Series : International Semantic Web Conference
Call For Papers
First Call for Research Track
The 13th International Semantic Web Conference
19-23 October 2014, Riva del Garda, Trento, Italy
ISWC is the premier venue for presenting innovative systems and research results related to the Semantic Web and Linked Data. We solicit the submission of original research papers for ISWC 2014's research track, dealing with analytical, theoretical, empirical, and practical aspects of all areas of the Semantic Web. Submissions to the research track should describe original, significant research on the Semantic Web or on Semantic Web technologies, and are expected to provide some principled means of evaluation.
To maintain the high level of quality and impact of the ISWC series, all papers will be reviewed by at least three program committee members and one senior program committee member. To assess papers, reviewers will judge their originality and significance for further advances in the Semantic Web, as well as the technical soundness of the proposed approaches and the overall readability of the submitted papers. All papers should include evaluations of the approaches described in the paper. We strongly encourage evaluations that are repeatable: preference will be given to papers that provide links to the data sets and queries used to evaluate their approach, as well as systems papers providing links to their source code or to some live deployment.
We encourage the authors to read carefully the calls for the other tracks, the Replication, Benchmark and Data track, the In Use track and the Industry track and consider submitting to the most appropriate track. Multiple submissions of the same paper to different tracks are not acceptable.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Management of Semantic Web data and Linked Data
* Languages, tools, and methodologies for representing and managing Semantic Web data
* Database, IR, NLP and AI technologies for the Semantic Web
* Search, query, integration, and analysis on the Semantic Web
* Robust and scalable knowledge management and reasoning on the Web
* Cleaning, assurance, and provenance of Semantic Web data, services, and processes
* Information Extraction from unstructured data
* Supporting multi-linguality in the Semantic Web
* User Interfaces and interacting with Semantic Web data and Linked Data
* Geospatial Semantic Web
* Semantic Sensor networks
* Query and inference over data streams
* Ontology-based data access
* Semantic technologies for mobile platforms
* Ontology engineering and ontology patterns for the Semantic Web
* Ontology modularity, mapping, merging, and alignment
* Social networks and processes on the Semantic Web
* Representing and reasoning about trust, privacy, and security
* Information visualization of Semantic Web data and Linked Data
* Personalized access to Semantic Web data and applications Semantic Web technologies
* Semantic Web and Linked Data for Cloud environments
Pre-submission of abstracts is a strict requirement. All papers and abstracts have to be submitted electronically via the EasyChair conference submission system:
All research submissions must be in English, and no longer than 16 pages. Papers that exceed this limit will be rejected without review. Submissions must be in PDF formatted in the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). For details on the LNCS style, see Springer’s Author Instructions. ISWC-2014 submissions are not anonymous.
Authors of accepted papers will be required to provide semantic annotations for the abstract of their submission, which will be made available on the conference web site. Details will be provided at the time of acceptance.
Accepted papers will be distributed to conference attendees and also published by Springer in the printed conference proceedings, as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and present the paper there.
PRIOR PUBLICATION AND MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS
ISWC 2014 will not accept research papers that, at the time of submission, are under review for or have already been published in or accepted for publication in a journal or another conference.
The conference organizers may share information on submissions with other venues to ensure that this rule is not violated.
SUBMISSION OF A POSTER OR DEMO TOGETHER WITH YOUR ACCEPTED RESEARCH PAPER
Authors of accepted papers are invited to submit also a poster or a demo to the Posters and Demo track. The submission format is the same as for normal poster and demo submissions but the submission must cite the corresponding paper from the research track.
* Abstracts: May 1, 2014
* Full Paper Submission: May 9, 2014
* Author Rebuttals: June 9-11, 2014
* Notifications: July 3, 2014
* Camera-Ready Versions: August 1, 2014
* Conference: October 19-23, 2014
All deadlines are Hawaii time.
RESEARCH TRACK CHAIR
Peter Mika, Yahoo Labs, Spain
Tania Tudorache, Stanford University, USA
The senior program committee and the program committee list can be found here: http://iswc2014.fbk.eu/program-committee-research-track