WVC 2014 : Special session on “Video coding without borders”, August, 27-28, 2014, Halmstad, Sweden
Call For Papers
We organize Special session on “Video coding without borders” as part of “7th International Workshop on Multiple Access Communications” , August, 27-28, 2014, Halmstad, Sweden (http://www.macom.ws/).
The main goal of this special session is to bring together researchers working outside the traditional hybrid video coding concept based on 2-D transform and block-based motion compensation. We provide a forum for ideas exchange and inspire students and other researchers to create a new ideas in the field.
I welcome you and your colleagues to submit interesting papers (http://edas.info/N16901)! Please help distribute the information to your colleagues as widely as you can!
• Submission: May, 20, 2014.
• Notification: June 1, 2014.
• Camera-ready: June 7, 2014.
• Workshop: August, 27-28, 2014.
The proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
The topics of special session interest include, but are not limited to:
• Video coding using 3-D/4-D wavelet/cosine transforms.
• Distributed video coding.
• Fractal video coding.
• Video coding using underdetermined blind source separation.
• Video coding based on compressed sensing.
• Motion-compensated temporal filtering.
• Multi-source and 3D video coding.
• Joint source-channel video coding.
• Multiple-description video coding.
• VLSI, GPU and multi-core video codec’s architectures design.
• Comparison of different video coding schemes.
Dr. Evgeny Belyaev, Researcher
Special session chair
Tampere University of Technology, Finland
Korkeakoulunkatu 10, FI-33720 Tampere, FINLAND
PO Box 527, FI-33101 Tampere, FINLAND