Hotdata 2014 : IEEE ICCCN Hotdata workshop - The First International Workshop on Hot Topics in Big Data and Networking
Call For Papers
The First International Workshop on Hot Topics in Big Data and Networking (HotData I) will be held in conjunction with the 23rd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN) in Shanghai, China, 7 August 2014.
Workshop website: http://www.greenorbs.org/hotdata/
The world is awash with Big Data now — we are generating ten Exabytes of data every day. On the Internet, the annual IP traffic will pass the threshold of a full zettabyte in a few years. The next-generation networking data is growing not only fast and bursty, as we already know, but also more sophisticated and unpredictable due to the heterogeneous connecting devices (mobiles, sensors, humans), protocols and the higher penetration of large-scale cloud-computing services.
The First International Workshop on Hot Topics in Big Data and Networking (HotData I) is organized with the aim to bring together researchers from both the networking community and data-intensive societies such as data mining, database and visualization. We invite paper submissions describing contributions in either field. Interdisciplinary works that bridge the two societies are highly solicited. Technical topics include but are not limited to:
* Big Data computing infrastructure for networking
* Advanced database and novel data models for networking
* Large-scale social network analysis
* Open data platform for networking
* Data mining on dynamic, heterogeneous and large-scale networks
* High-performance software techniques and architecture for networking
* New programming models for large-scale networks
* Emerging data processing techniques for sensor networks and RFID
* Large-scale data analysis on cellular, mobile and P2P networks
* User behavior analysis and modeling in large-scale networks
* Geospatial and spatiotemporal data analysis on large-scale networks
* Data processing in high performance optical networking
* Data management in large-scale data center networks
* Information visualization techniques for network security and monitoring
* Large-scale data analytics of software-defined networking
Full paper submission: March 28, 2014 (New deadline: April 4, 2014)
Author notification: May 2, 2014
Camera-ready: May 12, 2014
Workshop date: August 7, 2014
Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in standard IEEE camera-ready format (double-column, 10-pt font) and must be submitted via EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hotdata1) as PDF files (formatted for 8.5x11-inch paper). The manuscripts should be no longer than 5 pages. One additional page is permitted if the authors are willing to pay an over-length charge at the time of publication (submissions should not exceed 6 pages). Submitted papers cannot have been previously published in or be under consideration for publication in another journal or conference. The workshop Program Committee reserves the right to not review papers that either exceed the length specification or have been submitted or published elsewhere. Submissions must include a title, abstract, keywords, author(s) and affiliation(s) with postal and e-mail address(es). The paper must be registered on and submitted to EasyChair by the deadline.
Each submission will receive at least three independent reviews from the program committee. At least one of the authors of every accepted paper must register at the full registration rate and present their work at ICCCN 2014 venue. Accepted and registered workshop papers will be published in proceedings of the ICCCN 2014 that has already been accepted in the IEEE Conference Publication Program. The HotData I best paper committee will select one paper of the highest quality to receive the HotData I best paper award. An extended version of the selected top-quality papers will be recommended to Journal of Computer Science and Technology (SCI-indexed) for fast-track consideration.
HotData I Organizers:
General Co-Chairs: Yuan He and Yang Chen
Program Co-Chairs: Lei Shi and Wei Xu
Publicity Chair: Qi Liao
Web Chair: Xin Wu
More information can be found in the HotData I Website: http://www.greenorbs.org/hotdata/