ASIR 2014 : 4th International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval
Call For Papers
FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS
4th International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval (ASIR’14)
Warsaw, Poland, September 7-10, 2014
We would like to cordially invite you to consider contributing a paper to ASIR 2014 - held as a part of the Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2014).
FedCSIS is an annual international multi-conference organized by the Polish Information Processing Society (PTI) in technical cooperation with the IEEE Region 8, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Poland Section Computer Society Chapter, IEEE Poland (Gdansk) Section Computer Society Chapter, ACM Special Interest Group on Applied Computing, ACM Lodz Chapter, International Federation for Information Processing, European Alliance for Innovation, Informatics Europe, IEEE-CIS Poland Section Chapter, Asociación de Técnicos de Informática, Committee of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Polish Society for Business Informatics, Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications, Polish Chamber of Commerce for High Technology and Eastern Cluster ICT Poland, Mazovia Cluster ICT.
Recent advances in semantic technologies form a solid basis for a variety of methods and instruments that support multimedia information retrieval, knowledge representation, discovery and analysis. They influence the way and form of representing documents in the memory of computers, approaches to analyze documents, techniques to mine and retrieve knowledge. The abundance of video, voice and speech data also raises new challenging problems to multimedia information retrieval systems.
We believe that our workshop will facilitate discussions of new research results in this area, and will serve as a meeting place for researchers from all over the world. Our aim is to create an atmosphere of friendship and cooperation for everyone, interested in computational linguistics and semantic information retrieval. The ASIR’14 workshop will continue to maintain high standards of quality and organization, set in the previous years. We welcome all the researchers, interested in semantic information retrieval, to join our event.
The workshop addresses semantic information retrieval theory and important matters, related to practical Web tools. The topics and areas include but not limited to:
- Domain-specific semantic applications.
- Evaluation methodologies for semantic search and retrieval.
- Models for document representation.
- Natural language semantic processing.
- Ontology for semantic information retrieval.
- Ontology alignment, mapping and merging.
- Query interfaces.
- Searching and ranking.
- Semantic multimedia retrieval.
- Visualization of retrieved results.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should be submitted by April 23, 2014 (strict deadline). Preprints will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants. Only papers presented during the conference will be submitted to the IEEE for inclusion in the Xplore Digital Library. Furthermore, proceedings, published in a volume with ISBN and ISSN numbers will posted at the conference WWW site. Moreover, most Events' organizers arrange quality journals, edited volumes, etc. and may invite selected extended and revised papers for post-conference publications (information can be found at the websites of individual events).
- Paper submission: April 23, 2014 (strict deadline)
- Position paper submission: May 12, 2014
- Acceptance decision: May 19, 2014
- Final version of paper submission: June 17, 2014
- Final deadline for discounted fee: July 31, 2014
- Conference dates: September 7-10, 2014
- Klyuev, Vitaly, University of Aizu, Japan
- Mozgovoy, Maxim, University of Aizu, Japan
PROGRAM COMMITTEE (confirmed so far)
- Borgo, Stefano, Laboratory for Applied Ontology, Italy
- Budzy?ska, Katarzyna, Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Carrara, Massimiliano, Universita di Padova, Italy
- Cybulka, Jolanta, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Dobrynin, Vladimir, Saint Petersburg State University, Russia
- Goczy?a, Krzysztof, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- Haralambous, Yannis, Institut Telecom - Telecom Bretagne, France
- Homenda, Wladyslaw, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Jin, Qun, Waseda University, Japan
- Kaczmarek, Janusz, Lódz University, Poland
- Kakkonen, Tuomo, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Krawczyk, Bartosz, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
- Kulicki, Piotr, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland
- Lai, Cristian, CRS4, Italy
- Leonelli, Sabina, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Ludwig, Simone, North Dakota State University, United States
- Martinek, Jacek, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Mirenkov, Nikolay, University of Aizu, Japan
- Mozgovoy, Maxim, University of Aizu, Japan
- Nalepa, Grzegorz J., AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Palma, Raúl, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center, Poland
- Piasecki, Maciej, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
- Pyshkin, Evgeny, Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia
- Reformat, Marek, University of Alberta, Canada
- Shtykh, Roman, CyberAgent Inc., Japan
- Slezak, Dominik, University of Warsaw & Infobright Inc., Poland
- Soldatova, Larisa, Brunel University, United Kingdom
- Suárez-Figueroa, Mari Carmen, Ontology Engineering Group, Scool of Computer Science at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Tadeusiewicz, Ryszard, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Vacura, Miroslav, University of Economics, Czech Republic
- Vazhenin, Alexander, University of Aizu, Japan
- Wang, Haofen, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Wu, Shih-Hung, Chaoyang University of Technology, Taiwan
- Zadrozny, Slawomir, Systems Research Institute, Poland
- ?awrynowicz, Agnieszka, Poznan University of Technology, Poland