PPFpublicspace 2014 : Past Present and Future of Public Space - International Conference on Art, Architecture and Urban Design
Call For Papers
"Past present and future of public space" is an Italian project, promoted by "City Space Architecture" cultural association in Bologna (Italy), under the patronage of the Department of Architecture, University of Bologna. It aims to explore new dimensions of public realm and to discuss results of research activities, through a multidisciplinary approach, on public space and related topics, comparing theories and projects with advisors and correspondents from different contexts.
Proposals can be: scientific papers as results of research activities, portfolio of images, short movies, works of art, multimedia products, drawings (projects, analysis, sketches), innovative objects.
- Morphology and design (Historic patterns: conservation and sustainability/Suburban world/Walkability, cyclability, greeen corridors/Quality of architecture and urban design)
- Multidisciplinary fields (Public life from a phenomenological approach/Perception and senses in the urban space/City and food/Urban agriculture)
- New approaches (Publics and their spaces/Lighter, quicker, cheaper interventions/City as a common good/Mapping the commons)
- Emerging trends (Urban hacking/New languages in the public realm/Smart cities/Urban happiness and well-being)
Abstract proposals and full proposals must be in English, must be original and not under consideration by any other conference.
Abstract proposals should preferably not exceed 400 words and five key words.
Please indicate the topic of interest from the panel when submitting your abstract proposal, your name and your affiliation, if available.
Abstract proposals and full proposals can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .doc or .pdf document.
Abstract proposals and full proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Full proposals accepted for oral presentation at the conference will be published in a book, as conference proceedings.
FEES: Regular registration fee: € 230,00
Reduced registration fee (for students only): € 100,00
Reduced registration fee (for members of the City Space Architecture-network Universities): € 160,00
Deadline for registration and fee payment: 16 May 2014
All fees include:
- Lunches and coffee breaks
- Conference reception
- Conference dinner
- Excursions in Bologna
- Publication in the conference proceedings
One-day registration: € 70,00
One-day conference rate includes conference programming, breaks and lunch, site visit.
Fees do not include accommodations.