VNS 2014 : 3rd International Conference on Variable Neighborhood Search
Call For Papers
Scope and Objectives:
The 3rd International Conference dedicated to Variable Neighborhood Search
(IC on VNS) will be held in Djerba (Tunisia) October 8-11,2014.
VNS is a metaheuristic based on systematic changes in the neighborhood
structure within a search, for solving optimization problems and related
tasks. The main goal of the IC on VNS is to provide a stimulating
environment in which researchers coming from various scientific fields can
share and discuss their knowledge, expertise and ideas related to the VNS
Metaheuristic and its applications.
The aim of the 3rd IC on VNS is to allow specialists and practitioners
on Variable Neighborhood Search to effectively screen papers and participate
in lively debates.
Theory and Methodology:
- Theoretical or empirical analysis of VNS
- New variants of deterministic and stochastic VNS
- Continuous global VNS
- Convergent VNS methods
- Metheuristics and VNS
- Formulation space VNS
- Multi-objective VNS
- Parallel VNS
- VNS hybrids
- Mixed integer programming
- Graphs, communication networks
- Clustering, data mining, location
- Inventory, routing, supply chains
- Packing and covering
- Discovery sciences
- Other real world problems
All papers accepted for presentation will be published in
Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, before the conference starts.
Conference Book of Abstracts:
All accepted papers will be published in Book of abstracts.
Participants are allowed to send just abstract of their presentation.
Publication in Special Issues:
Conference Chairs and Program Committee Chairs agreed publication
in one of the special issue, directly connected to papers presented at
- Computers and Operations Research (COR).
- Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research (YUJOR).
In addition, other special issues devoted to Optimization using VNS
will be arranged as well.
All papers will be refereed according to the standards of the respective
- Pierre Hansen, GERAD and HEC Montreal, Canada (Honorary Chair of the Conference).
- Nenad Mladenovic, Valenciennes University, France and JUPIM, Serbia (General Chair).
- Bassem Jarboui, Sfax University, Tunisia (Conference Chair).
- Abdelwaheb Rebai, Sfax University, Tunisia (Conference Chair).
- Pierre Hansen,GERAD and HEC Montreal, Canada.
Participation fee covers :
- Conference participation at all sessions
- Proceedings and supporting materials
- Get together party
- Gala dinner
Participation fee amount
- 250 EUR (200 EUR for Students), for payments made by August 19, 2014.
- 300 EUR (250 EUR for Students), for payments made after this date, with the notice that for the authors who wish their papers are published in the Proceedings the deadline for payment is September 5, 2014.
Djerba is an island in south Tunisia with beautiful sandy beaches and beautiful, peaceful and silent countryside. One from the best ecological destinations in the World, this island preserves its traditions and its unique architectural theme.
No visa is required for Canadian, European Union, US and some other European citizens. A visa on arrival is available for Australians. New Zealanders must obtain a visa prior to arrival.
Djerba's only international airport for scheduled and charter flights is Djerba-Zarzis Airport (DJE). Tunisair provides schedule service from the island to some major European cities, there is also domestic service provided by Tunisair's subsidiary, Sevenair, between Djerba and Tunis. A few European charter airlines also fly to the island.
Buses between Tunis' south bus station and Houmt Souk's centre ville in Djerba cost 26.750 dinars and take about 8 hours. The fare includes the ferry ride to the island. Night rides are common and fairly comfortable.
May 01, 2014 Paper and/or Abstract submission
July 01, 2014 Acceptance notice
August 19, 2014 Early registration ends
August 31, 2014 Submission of papers for the Proceedings ends
September 04, 2014 Preliminary program schedule notice
October 08, 2014 - October 11, 2014 Conference date
Organizers and Sponsors:
Modeling and Optimization for Decisional, Industrial and Logistic Systems Laboratory (MODILS Lab), Tunisia.
Faculty of Economic Sciences and Management of Sfax
Mathematical Institute SANU, Belgrade
Université de Valenciennes
GERAD, Group for Research in Decision Analysis
EU/ME (EURO metaheuristic group) EURO