ACSD 2014 : International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design
Conference Series : International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
14th International Conference on
Application of Concurrency to System Design (ACSD 2014)
ACSD 2014 is Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society
ACSD 2014 will take place in Tunis (Tunisia) from June 23 to
June 27, 2014, and will be co-located with Petri Nets 2014.
You can get more information here:
* Design methods, tools and techniques based on models of
computation and concurrency: data-flow models, communicating
automata, Petri nets, process algebras, graph rewriting,
state charts, MSCs, etc.
* Graph transformations as an elementary model of concurrency
and many applications; logics for concurrency (e.g., modal
and temporal logics).
* High-performance and massively parallel architectures:
many-core processors, Systems and Networks on Chip, dataflow
* Hard real-time & embedded systems: concurrency, security
and safety-critical issues.
* Concurrency issues in ad-hoc, mobile and wireless networking,
wireless sensor networks, and communication protocols.
* Synchronous and asynchronous circuit design, globally
asynchronous locally synchronous systems, interface design,
multi-clock systems, functional and timing verification.
* High-scalability system design: load balancing, network &
memory management, power proportionality, decentralised
control, cloud and swarm computing.
* Resource management: task and communication scheduling,
resource, memory and power management, fault-tolerance
and Quality of Service.
* Business process modelling, simulation and verification,
(distributed) workflow execution, business process
(de-)composition, inter-organisational and heterogeneous
workflow systems, computer-supported collaborative work
systems, web services.
* Software engineering for concurrent systems: languages,
verification, synthesis, and cross-layer optimisation.
* Compositional design and modelling of concurrent systems,
modular synthesis and analysis, distributed simulation and
implementation, distributed control, adaptive systems,
* Hardware/software co-design, platform-based design,
component-based design, energy-aware design, refinement
techniques, hardware/software abstractions, co-simulation
* (Industrial) case studies of general interest, gaming
applications, consumer electronics and multimedia,
automotive systems, (bio-)medical applications, internet
and grid computing, etc.
* Systems of systems (e.g., cyber-physical systems, ambient
systems): design, verification and deployment.
* Software and hardware memory models, DRAM scheduling,
cache coherency, memory-aware algorithms.
ACSD seeks papers describing original work which has not been
previously published and is not under review for publication
elsewhere. All files must be prepared using the latest IEEE
Computer Society conference proceedings guidelines (8.5" x 11"
two-column format). Templates and further instructions are
available from the ACSD 2014 web site. The page limit for
regular papers is 10 pages.
In addition to regular submissions, described above, there
will be a tools section. Tool paper submissions are limited
to 6 pages. They will be presented at the conference in an
Conference proceedings will be published on IEEE Xplore
Digital Library. Authors of accepted papers are expected to
present their papers at the conference, and will be required
to sign the IEEE copyright release forms. Several papers will
be considered for publication in extended and revised form in
a special issue of a journal.
All papers should be submitted via EasyChair:
* abstract submission deadline: 10 January 2014
* paper submission deadline: 17 January 2014
* notification of acceptance: 8 March 2014
* camera-ready submission deadline: 8 April 2014
* conference: 25-27 June 2014
Alex Yakovlev, UK (chair)
Benoît Caillaud, France
Jordi Cortadella, Spain
Jörg Desel, Germany
Alex Kondratyev, USA
Luciano Lavagno, Italy
Antti Valmari, Finland