NOC 2014 : 19th European Conference on Network and Optical Communications
Call For Papers
19th EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON NETWORKS AND OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS, NOC 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 19th European Conference on Network and Optical Communications, NOC 2014 will be held in Milan, Italy, from June 4th to 6th, 2014.
Co-located events will be organized on June 3rd, including a National Project Workshop and an EU Project Workshop.
NOC welcomes research papers in the topics of the optical networks area, such as core, metro and access network planning design and modeling, optical communications (both fiber and free-space), and photonic devices. New topics such as optical mobile backhauling, optical interconnects, intra-datacenter networking, and software-defined optical networks will also be included.
Through its technical program, the conference will provide an opportunity for the academic and industrial communities to address new research challenges, share solutions, and discuss issues in information and communication technology (ICT) referring to modern telecommunications. The 19th NOC provides a forum for the promotion of new opportunities from industry, institutes of technology and academia. We therefore invite you to contribute to the event through involvement as co-sponsor, session organizer, presenter, delegate, or contributor.
Join us in Milan on June 4th-6th and discover the history of a city that has always been considered the economic Capital of Italy, the leader in practically all business sectors, in the world of professionals and technological innovation. The world-famous Duomo and the "The Last Supper"
by Leonardo da Vinci, the Opera House - La Scala, the numerous museums and art galleries: many of Milan's treasures are hidden to the less attentive eyes of its inhabitants, but it's all there, waiting to be discovered. Many initiatives and events will be running in preparation of the Expo 2015 (en.expo2015.org), which will be held in the city just a few months after the conference.
The host university, Politecnico di Milano (www.polimi.it), one of the most prestigious technical education institutions in the country, celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2013, will warmly welcome you and be ready to serve as the venue of the conference.
NOC 2014 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org). Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Top-ranking papers will be considered for extended-version fast-track publication in a mini-feature issue of Elsevier Optical Switching and Networking
(www.journals.elsevier.com/optical-switching-and-networking) (indexed in ISI and Scopus).
Topics of interest
* Optical network performance modelling
* Optical network planning and design
* Multi-layer design of optical networks
* Optical network management
* Signaling for all-optical networks
* Measurement, monitoring and supervision techniques
* Optical multicasting
* All-optical access networks
* Field trials and experiments
* Optical network virtualization
* Standardization and economic comparisons
* Software Defined Networks
* Next-generation Passive Optical Networks
* Energy efficiency as well as energy saving in telecommunications networks
* Reliability and Maintenance
* FTTX economics
* Optical Wireless Communications
* Combined optical and wireless networks
* 100 Gbit/s and beyond: high-speed coherent fiber transmission
* Optical Software Defined Networks
* Reconfigurable OADM
* Mobile optical backhauling and wireless to fiber convergence in the metro and access networks
* Multicore and multimode fiber systems
* Silicon photonics switching architectures and systems
* Openflow-based optical control plane
* SDN vs. GMPLS control plane
* Optical cloud computing
* Photonic network architectures for datacenter interconnections
* OFDM applications in optical networks
* Elastic optical networking
* Routing and spectrum allocation algorithms
* Path computation element (PCE) for optical networking
Full paper due : February 24, 2014 (23:59 CET) (extended deadline)!!
Notification of acceptance: April 07, 2014
Final version due: April 15, 2014
--) paper registration now open on EDAS
Submission instructions: http://noc2014.deib.polimi.it/?page_id=1532
Achille Pattavina, Politecnico di Milano, Italy email@example.com
Eiji Oki, University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan firstname.lastname@example.org Guido Maier, Politecnico di Milano, Italy email@example.com
Organizing Committee: IEEE ComSoc Liaison: Stefano Bregni;
Publications/Publicity: Giacomo Verticale;
Treasurer: Eugenio Gatti; Co-located events: Massimo Tornatore; Industry
Relations: Pierpaolo Boffi and Mario Martinelli Steering Committee: David Faulkner and Alan Harmer