TILTMBPC 2014 : 6th International Research-to-practical Conference “Topical Issues of Linguistics and Teaching Methods in Business and Professional Communication”
Call For Papers
The Organizing Committee is honored to invite all interested specialists to the 6th International Research-to-practical Conference “Topical Issues of Linguistics and Teaching Methods in Business and Professional Communication”.
The Conference will be held at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow (PFUR), on April 18-19, 2014.
The main objective of the Conference is to provide a forum for researchers, teachers and professionals to exchange ideas, to communicate and discuss research findings and trends in linguistics, specialized translation, LSP and professional communication.
The Conference will give opportunity to both academics and practitioners to communicate and discuss on challenges of research and the industry.
The Conference Agenda includes two plenary sessions and eight sections:
1. Topical Issues of Teaching Foreign Languages for Business Communication
2. Modern Tendencies of Professionally Oriented Teaching Foreign Languages
3. Integration of IT and e-coursebooks in the Process of Teaching Foreign Languages in a Non-linguistic Institute of Higher Education
4. Specialized Translation Teaching Strategies
5. Cross-cultural Business Communication
6. Important Issues of Modern Applied Linguistics:
6a) German Languages (English and German);
6b) Roman Languages (French, Spanish, Italian);
6c) Oriental Languages (Chinese)
7. LSP and Specialized Translation Assessment
8. Distant Teaching of LSP
The Agenda also includes holding presentations, master classes, workshops and round-table talks.
The deadline for abstract submissions: March 3, 2014.
Abstract Submission Requirements:
Microsoft Word (Windows), Times New Roman Cyr., point font – 14, line spacing – 1,5, left indent – 3 cm, right indent – 3 cm, space before and after – 2,5 cm. Abstract length - 1/2 pages.
• Indicate in right upper corner of the abstract: author’s full name, job position (boldface Times New Roman, point font 14).
• Paper Title - centre justified in capital letters (bold type Times New Roman, point font 14)
• References to quoted materials are given in the text in square brackets [author, year: p.].
• The alphabetized list of materials at the end of the paper under the headline BIBLIOGRAPHY is formatted according to State Standard.
Report at the plenary sessions – 20 min
Report at a section meeting – 10 min
Please fill in Registration Form below and submit it with one printed copy of abstract to Foreign Languages Department of Faculty of Economics at PFUR or e-mail attached to: flangs (at) mail.ru
Participant’s full name:__________________________________________________________
Contact Telephone Number:_______________________________________________________
Accommodation need:___________________________________________________________ (Accommodation: University Campus, double or single rooms, a 10-minute walk from the University)
The Conference Fee to be paid is 50 euro.