ESaaSA 2014 : International Workshop on Emerging Software as a Service and Analytics
Call For Papers
Our workshop will present a summary of Emerging Software as a Service and Analytics (ESaaSA), which have been adopted and used extensively by a variety of organizations. ESaaS and analytics offer added values such as improvements in efficiency, technical performance and service ratings. Examples include Health Informatics as a Service (HIaaS) to compute simulations in tumor, proteins, DNAs and human organs. Security as a Service (SeaaS) provides recommendation and safeguards security for all aspects of Cloud. Financial Software as a Service (FSaaS) can compute pricing and risk, offering quality services for entrepreneurs and decision makers. Education as a Service (EaaS) can deliver modern education and a high quality learning experience. We are seeking papers to demonstrate proof-of-concept, designs, implementations, case studies and use cases for adopting ESaaSA, including experiments, technical evaluations and user experiences.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Health Informatics as a Service (HIaaS) for any type of health informatics, computation and services
• Big Data as a Service (BDaaS) including frameworks, empirical approaches and data processing techniques
• Big Data algorithm, methodology, business models and challenges.
• Security as a Service including any algorithms, methodology and software proof-of-concepts
• Financial Software as a Service (FSaaS) including risk and pricing analysis; predictive modelling
• Education as a Service (EaaS) including e-Learning and educational applications
• Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) including workflows and supply chain in the Cloud
• Software Engineering approaches, including formal methods, agile methods and theoretical algorithms for Cloud
• Natural Science as a Service (NSaaS) including weather forecasting and weather data visualization
• System Design and Architecture
• Mobile System as a Service (MSaaS)
• Gaming as a Service (GaaS)
• Framework (conceptual, logical or software)
• Analytics as a Service (AaaS) for any types of analytics
• Electrical Platform as a Service (EPaaS)
• Energy-saving and Green IT applications
• Middleware and agents for Cloud, Grid and Cluster Computing
• Integration as a Service (data; service; business; federated clouds)
• Scheduling, service duplication, fairness, load balance for SaaS and Analytics
• Tenant application development including customization, verification, simulation, and testing on SaaS and Analytics
• SaaS QoS, security, reliability, availability, service bus mechanisms
• Social Clouds and Analytics
• User Evaluations and Case Studies
• SaaS, Big Data and Analytics demonstrations and research discussions from computing scientists, business IS academics and industrial consultants
• Any emerging services
All accepted papers will be published on the workshop proceedings book, under an ISBN reference, and on CD-ROM support.
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/).
SCITEPRESS is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
The proceedings are submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
Paper Submission: February 4, 2014 (extended)
Authors Notification: February 10, 2014
Camera Ready and Registration: February 20, 2014
We also offer position papers (up to 6 pages, single column) for anyone who has a good progress of SaaS and analytics research and who would like to share their results. We welcome any innovative approaches from computer scientists, IT researchers, business IS academics and industrial consultants that relate to Cloud, Grid ad Cluster Computing and Big Data Analytics.
A few best papers will be published in a special issue of RonPub's Open Journal of Cloud Computing (OJCC) http://www.ronpub.com/index.php/journals/ojcc/special-issues/upcoming-special-issues
Those who plan to get their extended version of workshop papers published in a Cloud Computing book, they should also submit their two-page proposal here: http://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/1175