CTE 2013 : Cloud Technologies in Education
Call For Papers
SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of the NAPS of Ukraine
Kryvyi Rih National University
Cherkasy State Technological University
National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute"
Taras Shevchenko National University of Luhansk
Kherson State University
Eastern Washington University
The International Workshop
Cloud Technologies in Education
20 December, 2013
Kyiv – Kryvyi Rih – Cherkasy – Kharkiv – Luhansk – Kherson – Cheney
Programme Commitee Chair
Ilia Teplitsky, Kryvyi Rih National University, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine
– Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of the NAPS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine:
Valeriy Bykov, D. Sc., Prof., Acad. of the NAPS of Ukraine
Valeriy Gritsenko, Ph. D.
Maria Shyshkina, Ph. D.
Oleg Spirin, D. Sc., Prof.
Julia Zaporozhchenko, Ph. D.
– Kryvyi Rih National University, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine:
Natalia Rashevska, Ph. D.
Sergey Semerikov, D. Sc., Prof.
Katherine Slovak, Ph. D.
Andrey Stryuk, Ph. D.
Nikolay Stryuk, Ph. D.
– Cherkasy State Technological University, Cherkasy, Ukraine:
Vitaliy Snytyuk, D. Sc., Prof.
Anatoly Timchenko, D. Sc., Prof.
Yuriy Tryus, D. Sc., Prof.
– Kharkiv, Ukraine:
Lyudmila Bilousova, Ph. D., Prof., H. S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University
Oleksandr Kolgatin, D. Sc., Prof., H. S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University
Valery Kravets, Ph. D., Prof., National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute"
Vladimir Kuharenko, Ph. D., Prof., National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute"
Nadiya Olefirenko, Ph. D., H. S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University
– Taras Shevchenko National University of Luhansk, Luhansk, Ukraine:
Elena Adamenko, D. Sc., Prof.
Lyubov Panchenko, D. Sc., Prof.
Nikolay Semenov, Ph. D.
Natalie Tsodikova, Ph. D.
– Kherson State University, Kherson, Ukraine:
Gennadiy Kravtsov, Ph. D., Prof.
Aleksander Spivakovsky, D. Sc., Prof.
– Eastern Washington University, Cheney, USA:
Garry Pratt, Dr.
The International Workshop will take place on December, 20, 2013 in Ukraine. It is an excellent occasion for specialists of different fields, e.g. IT specialists for e-learning design, e-learning tutors, teachers and lecturers, technologists, psychologists, educational managers and researchers to make a jump into new paradigm of Science and Education in High Tech Age.
The Workshop occupies contributions in all aspects of educational technologies and cloud-based learning tools, platforms, paradigms and models, functioning programmes or papers relevant to modern engineering and technological decisions in the IT age. There is urgent general need for principled changes in education elicited by current e-learning tools, services and IT communication. Let’s to come, show your best practice, and envisage your future actions at the front line of high-tech education.
Topics of interest
• Blended learning
• Cloud-based e-learning platforms, tools and services
• Cloud-based learning environments
• Cloud-based and mobile learning technologies for teacher and VET
• Seamless learning and holistic education modelling and design
• Massive open online courses
• Open learning systems and virtual conferences for training professionals
The Workshop languages are English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Authors are invited to submit short (up to 3 pages) or full (8-12 pages) papers through the workshop submission system (http://tmn.ccjournals.eu/index.php/cte/) by December 13, 2013:
1. Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for publication while being evaluated for this conference. The review process will be blind peer review.
2. The submission files is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word (DOC only), RTF document file format.
3. Formatting options:
– paper size is A5 (148 mm x 210 mm);
– all page margins is 16 mm;
– page orientation – portrait;
– style ‘Normal’;
– text is single-spaced;
– uses a 10,5-point proportional font (e. g., Times New Roman);
– text alignment – justification;
– indentation the first line of paragraph is 7 mm.
4. Full papers must break new ground and provide complete and substantial support for the reported results and conclusions. Successful submissions typically represent a major advance for the field of ECT in to any of the areas listed as the topics of interest.
5. Short papers offer a focused contribution to the research program. Short papers may contribute to any of the areas listed as the topics of interest of the ECT conference. Short papers are likely to have a smaller scope of contribution than full papers, but their contribution is expected to be a solid contribution to the field. For example, short papers on applications may not cover the entire iterative design cycle (observation, design, implementation, evaluation, etc.) but may instead go into depth in specific areas. Short papers may offer details of a design process, an evaluation, an implementation, technical discovery, etc. Short papers are expected to cite work that is directly relevant to their content but do not need to fulfil the breadth and depth of coverage required by long papers.
6. Structure of the paper:
Block 1. In Workshop language: Paper title, Author Name, Affiliation, Postal address, E-mail address, Optional phone number, Abstract (100-250 words), Keywords.
NB! An academic abstract outlines four elements relevant to the completed work:
Background – the research focus (i.e. statement of the problem(s)/research issue(s) addressed), object, subject and goals;
The research methods used (experimental research, case studies, questionnaires, etc.);
The results/findings of the research; and
The main conclusions and recommendations
Block 2. In English is the same information in such order: authors (transliteration), title, abstract, keywords, affiliation, and address.
Block 3. Full text of the article in its original language.
Block 4. References in National language.
Block 5. References transliterated into Latin alphabet.
The proceedings of the workshop will be published as a special issue of the scientific journal Theory and methods of e-learning.
Selected papers from CTE2013, after further revisions, will be published in the special issue of the electronic journal Information Technologies and Learning Tools (http://journal.iitta.gov.ua/index.php/itlt/index).
Publication costs will be determined after submission.
Submission Deadline: December 13, 2013
Notification Due: December 16, 2013
Workshop in Ukraine: December 20, 2013
Publication Date: Determined by Editorial Boards (approx. Feb., 2014)
The workshop locations
9, Maxim Berlinsky Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, Institute of Information Technologies an Learning Tools, office 205
5, Revolutsiyna Str., Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine, Kryvyi Rih National University
460, Shevchenko Blvd, Cherkasy, Ukraine, Cherkasy State Technological University, office 510
21, Bld. U-2, Frunze Str., Kharkiv, Ukraine, National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute", office 611
2, Oboronna Str., Luhansk, Ukraine, Taras Shevchenko National University of Luhansk
27, 40-richiia Zhovtnia Str., Kherson, Ukraine, Kherson State University
526, 5th Str., Cheney, WA, USA, Eastern Washington University
Maria Shyshkina, 380-97-0439137, email@example.com
Julia Zaporozhchenko, 380-50-6330003, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilia Alexandrovich Teplitsky, 067-975-90-22
Sergey Alexeevich Semerikov, email@example.com