UBICITEC 2014 : 6th International Workshop on Networks of Cooperating Objects for Smart Cities 2014
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
6th International Workshop on Networks of Cooperating Objects for Smart Cities 2014
jointly held with CPSWeek 2014
April 14, 2014
There are three important concepts that have gained relevance over the past years. First,
the concept of classic embedded systems where the focus is on the control of physical
processes (machinery, automobiles, planes, etc.). Second, the notion of pervasive
computing (or ubiquitous computing) which foresees everyday objects having some form
of computation capacity and, in most cases, sensing and communication facilities. Third,
wireless sensor networks where small computing devices are able to sense their
environment and cooperate in order to achieve a common goal. We refer to the unified
vision of these three systems as networks of Cooperating Objects (COs).
This new vision is more powerful and has a larger scope than each of the individual
system concepts out of which it evolved. The vision of Cooperating Objects is, therefore,
quite new and needs to be understood in more detail and probably extended with inputs
from the relevant individual communities that compose it. Building on the success of the
previous CONET/UBICITEC workshops, UBICITEC 2014 aims at providing a forum to
discuss the similarities, complementariness and advances of the areas mentioned above in
order to integrate them into single coherent systems.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Resource management of COs
- Quality-of-Service in networks of COs
- Hardware platforms for COs
- Mobile and distributed sensing
- Hybrid cooperation of static and mobile nodes
- Communication and control of mobile COs
- Distributed control and estimation over networks
- Decentralized algorithms for control over wireless sensor networks
- Decentralized, distributed, and cooperative optimization
- Applications of control of COs
- Real-time aspects of COs
- System software for COs
- Communication support for COs
- Real-world deployments of COs
- Applications of COs to body area networks
- COs in Complex Systems
- Security and Privacy in COs
- Enterprise Integration of COs
- Application of wireless sensor networks on Pervasive computing
- Closed-loop applications of pervasive computing
- IoT Technologies for Smart Cities
Papers submitted must contain original material that has neither been previously published nor is current under review by another conference or journal.
Full research papers (max 16 pages) as well as work-in-progress and position papers (max 4 pages) are welcome.
Submission should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS style.
Submissions can be made at:
Papers will be subjected of a blind review with 3 reviews per submission.
The papers accepted for presentation at the workshop will be published on http://ceur-ws.org/.
We plan to organize a special issue in the Springer Series "Internet of Things: Technology, Communications and Computing"
and invite selected and revised papers presented at the conference in the organized special issue.
- Giancarlo Fortino, University of Calabria
- Stamatis Karnouskos, SAP Research
- Pedro Jose Marron, University of Duisburg-Essen
About previous editions of the CONET Workshop: Previous editions of the CONET
Workshop were held in April 2010 in Stockholm (Sweden), April 2011 in Chicago
(USA), April 2012 in Beijing (China), and April 2013 in Philadelphia (USA), always co-located with CPSWeek.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.cooperatingobjects.eu/events/; http://conet2013.deis.unical.it
This workshop is organized by UBICITEC, the European Research Center
for Ubiquitous Technologies and Smart Cities: http://wwww.ubicitec.org