JISA Green 2014 : SpringerOpen Journal of Internet Services and Applications (JISA) - Thematic Series on Greening Distributed Systems
Call For Papers
SpringerOpen Journal of Internet Services and Applications (JISA)
Thematic Series on Greening Distributed Systems
Call for papers
The share of Information and Communication Technologies in global carbon emissions and power consumption, 2% and 8% respectively according to recent studies, is a clear concern for many stakeholders. Faced with this challenge, green computing has emerged as a discipline for optimizing software systems with respect to their energy consumption.
Distributed systems in general are ubiquitous in ICT infrastructures. Their distributed nature raises many challenges with respect to green computing. Yet the distribution of computing entities also opens new opportunities, e.g. offloading computation and storage to remote nodes, to deal efficiently with the energy concerns.
This special article collection aims at providing innovative contributions to the research and development of green efficiency for distributed systems.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Green clouds
* Green mobile systems
* Patterns for green distributed systems
* Software engineering approaches for green distributed systems
* Programming languages for green distributed systems
* Energy concern in distributed embedded systems
* Energy oriented monitoring and supervision
* Modeling, measuring, and prediction of energy consumption
* Green management for big data processing
* Green Internet infrastructures
* Case studies about energy management in distributed systems
* Interplay of energy with non-functional concerns (such as security, availability, fault-tolerance, replication, etc.)
* Self-adaptation and energy
* Submission Deadline: 15 March 2014
* Publication Date: June 2014
Special Issue Guest Editors
* Manish Parashar (Rutgers University, USA)
* Lionel Seinturier (University Lille 1, France)
* Wenjun Wu (BeiHang University, China)
Manuscript are submitted online as described in http://www.jisajournal.com/manuscript and are typically 14 two-column pages in length, and should not exceed 16 pages.
Please address queries related to this call to Lionel.Seinturier@univ-lille1.fr
JISA is an Open Access journal, recent papers can be downloaded from http://www.jisajournal.com/content