IDEE 2014 : 3rd Workshop on Interaction Design in Educational Environments
Call For Papers
Educational environments have been improving at the same time that new technologies have arrived to the market. Those technologies bring with them new methodologies used for a better adaptation to the new devices. With this, interaction is one of the aspects, which has been increasing more to facilitate user's labour inside of the learning process.
This workshop invites authors to submit contributions on concepts like: Distributed interaction Design Discussion, applications, techniques or environments where interaction design play a central role by improving the learning process at all levels.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
• Conceptual models for educational applications
• Educational pervasive environments
• Educational Interface design
• New devices and interaction techniques for educative environments
• Instructional and Interaction design
• Student/Teacher centered design
• Educative Ambient intelligence
• Human factors in Educative UI design
• Collaboration, cooperation and coordination
• Design patterns in collaborative educational environments
• Classroom teaching techniques
• Model-Based Development Environments
Submission Deadline: Jan 20th, 2014
Author Notification: Feb 17th, 2014
Camera-Ready Deadline: Mar 3th, 2014
Workshop Date: Apr 27-30th, 2014
Papers submitted to Workshop can be accepted in one of the following three categories:
• Full Papers: Papers allocated 30 minutes for oral presentation (including discussion). These papers are assigned a 10-page limit in the conference proceedings.
• Short Papers: Papers allocated 20 minutes for oral presentation (including discussion). These papers are assigned a 6-page limit in the conference proceedings.
• Posters: Papers presented as poster are assigned a 4-page limit in the conference proceedings.
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers in any of the topics listed above. Instructions for preparing the manuscript (in Word and Latex formats) are available at: Paper Templates. Please also check the Submission Guidelines. Papers should be submitted electronically via the web-based submission system at: http://www.insticc.org/Primoris
Acceptance notifications will be sent out on February 17, 2014. The workshop will be held on April 27-30, 2014 in Lisbon, Portugal. Please note that at least one author of an accepted position paper must register for the workshop and for one or more days of the ICEIS 2014 conference. Papers should be formatted according to ICEIS 2014 Archive Format (http://www.iceis.org/GuidelinesTemplates.aspx).
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
SCITEPRESS is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
IDEE 2014 Workshop Co-chairs
Abdulraham H. Altalhi, King Abdulaziz University (Saudi Arabia)
Habib M. Fardoun, King Abdulaziz University (Saudi Arabia)
Jose A. Gallud, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
Inmaculada Plaza García, University of Zaragoza (Spain)