VISAPP 2009 2009 : 4th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP)
Call For Papers
VISAPP is organized by INSTICC - Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication.
The fourth International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP) aims at becoming a major point of contact between research scientists, engineers and practitioners on the area of computer vision applications systems. Four simultaneous tracks will be held, covering all different aspects related to computer vision, from Image Formation to Image Understanding including Motion Analysis and Stereo Vision.
Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged.
Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the Proceedings of VISAPP. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
Special sessions, dedicated to case-studies and commercial presentations, as well as technical tutorials, dedicated to technical/scientific topics, are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in lecturing a tutorial are invited to contact the conference secretariat.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below. Papers should address one or more of the listed topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related topics are also allowed.
1. Image Formation and Processing
2. Image Analysis
3. Animation and Simulation
4. Interactive Environments
AREA 1: IMAGE FORMATION AND PROCESSING
- Computational Geometry
- Multi-view Geometry
- Illumination and Reflectance Modeling
- Image Formation, Acquisition Devices and Sensors
- Multimodal and Multisensor Models of Image Formation
- Image Quality
- Image Filtering
- Spatial Color Indexing
- Enhancement and Restoration
- Mathematical Morphology
- Implementation of Image and Video Processing Systems
AREA 2: IMAGE ANALYSIS
- Early Vision and Image Representation
- Surface Geometry and Shape
- Feature Extraction
- Segmentation and Grouping
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Wavelet Analysis
- Statistical Approach
- Structural and Syntactic Approach
- Fractal and Chaos Theory in Image Analysis
- Image Registration
- Video Analysis
AREA 3: IMAGE UNDERSTANDING
- Recognition and Indexing
- Cognitive & Biologically Inspired Vision
- Cognitive Models for Interpretation, Integration and Control
- Neural Networks
- Object, Event and Scene Recognition, Retrieval and Indexing
- Human Activity Recognition
- Face and Gesture Recognition
- Dynamics and Learning for Gesture Interpretation
- Visual Learning
- Pattern Recognition in Image Understanding
- Optical Color Pattern Recognition
- Data Mining in Pattern Recognition
- Model Acquisition and Validation
- 2D and 3D Scene Understanding
- Localization and Recognition of 3D Object Features
- Recognizing 3-D Object Shapes from Range Data
AREA 4: MOTION, TRACKING AND STEREO VISION
- Real-time Vision
- Active and Robot Vision
- Visually Guided Robotics
- Visual Navigation
- Motion and Tracking
- Stereo Vision and Structure from Motion
- Matching Correspondence and Flow
- Model-based Object tracking in Image Sequences
- Tracking of People and Surveillance
- Segment Cluster Tracking
- Retrieval of 3D Objects from Video Sequences
- Detecting 3D Objects Using Patterns of Motion and Appearance
- Image-based Modeling and 3D Reconstruction
Regular Paper Submission: September 15, 2008
Paper Acceptance Notification: November 7, 2008
Final Paper Submission and Registration: November 19 , 2008
Conference date: 5 - 8 February, 2009
VISAPP 2009 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
Lisbon is the capital of Portugal and lies on the north bank of the Tagus Estuary, on the European Atlantic coast. It is the westernmost city in continental Europe. Greater Lisbon has an area of approximately 1,000 km2. The city lies more or less in the centre of the country, approximately 300 km from the Algarve in the south and 400 km from the northern border with Spain. Lisbon offers a wide variety of options to the visitor, including beaches, countryside, mountains and areas of historical interest only a few kilometres away from the city centre.Approximately 600,000 people live in Lisbon. However, if one includes the various satellite towns, the population of Greater Lisbon rises to approximately 1.9 million people. Due to the influence of the Atlantic Ocean, Lisbon has a pleasant climate throughout the year. The agreeable temperatures in the summer months are an open invitation for a walk by the river, or to spend an afternoon in one of the many street cafés to be found all over the city. Although the temperatures may fall somewhat in the autumn and winter months, sunshine is almost always a constant feature.
PROCEEDINGS AND BOOK PUBLICATION
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, in paper and in CD-ROM support. A book including a selection of the best conference papers will be edited and published by Springer.
AlpeshKumar Ranchordas , INSTICC, Portugal
Address: Av. D.Manuel I, 27A 2ºesq.
2910-595 Setúbal - Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 520 185
Fax: + 44 203 014 5434