EDCC 2014 : 10th European Dependable Computing Conference
Conference Series : European Dependable Computing Conference
Call For Papers
The 21st century society relies on computing systems more than ever. Computers are no longer simply machines that are used by organizations or at home. They are embedded everywhere, from cell phones to cars or industrial control devices, and large-scale cloud computing providers are sharing them among many organizations in an unprecedented scale. As computers have become indispensable, their failures may significantly perturb our daily lives. The increased hardware and software complexity, as well as the scaling of manufacturing technologies towards nanometer size devices, pose new challenges to the developers. As a consequence the development, testing, and benchmarking of dependable systems has become a vital topic of research, both for academia and industry.
EDCC is the leading European conference for presenting and discussing the latest research in dependable computing. As in previous years, its tenth edition aims at providing a European-hosted venue for researchers and practitioners from all over the world to present and discuss their latest research results on dependability, security, fault-tolerance, and testing. Original papers are solicited on theory, techniques, systems, and tools for the design, validation, operation and evaluation of dependable and secure computing systems, covering any fault model, from traditional hardware and software faults to accidental and malicious human interactions.
The conference will have a broad range of topics, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Hardware and software architecture of dependable systems;
• Safety critical systems;
• Embedded and real-time systems;
• Cloud computing reliability and security;
• Dependable mobile and multimedia systems;
• Fault-tolerant networks and protocols;
• VLSI dependability;
• Impact of manufacturing technology on dependability;
• Dependability modeling and tools;
• Testing and validation methods;
• Characterization techniques;
• Dependability benchmarking;
• Security of systems and networks;
• Intrusion-tolerant systems;
• Critical infrastructure protection;
• Fault tolerance in databases and transactional systems;
• Human factors;
• Dependability and security in business and e-commerce applications.
EDCC 2014 will feature several tracks, including invited speakers, full paper presentations, fast abstracts, a student forum and a set of cutting-edge workshops. There will be published proceedings from the conference.