ICCS 2014 : International Conference on Computational Science
Conference Series : International Conference on Computational Science
Call For Papers
* ICCS 2014
* International Conference on Computational Science
* Cairns, Australia
* June 10-12, 2014
* http://iccs2014.ivec.org www.iccs-meeting.org
Deadline extended to January 31, 2014 http://iccs2014.ivec.org/cfp.html
Keynote Lectures http://iccs2014.ivec.org/keynotes.html
Accepted workshops: http://iccs2014.ivec.org/workshops.html
Papers in Elsevier open-access Procedia Computer Science
indexed by Scopus, ScienceDirect, Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation in Web of Science.
Three options: full paper, poster presentation with a short paper & oral presentation without a paper (abstract only).
- Prof. Vassil Alexandrov, ICREA Research Professor in Computational Science, Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, Spain: Towards Scalable Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Extreme Scale Computing.
- Prof. Luis Bettencourt, Santa Fe Institute, New Mexico, USA: A Science of Cities.
- Prof. Peter T. Cummings, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Vanderbilt University, USA: Automating Computational Materials Discovery through Model-Integrated Computing.
- Prof. John Mattick, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia: Scaling and compression of regulatory information in integrated complex systems: lessons from genomics.
- Prof. Bob Pressey, Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University, Australia: Computational science in conservation planning: potential and limitations.
- Prof. Mark Ragan, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Australia: Modelling cancer as a transcriptional landscape.
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original, unpublished research and recent developments in Computational Sciences by January 31, 2014.
All accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science and indexed by Scopus, ScienceDirect, Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation (former ISI Proceedings) -an integrated index within Web of Science. The papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI numbers.
The ICCS conference is the prime annual event in Computational Science. This interdisciplinary conference on modelling and simulation of real-world phenomena will draw academic and industry leaders from all relevant fields. ICCS intends to provide a forum to disseminate world-leading research in the field of (scientific) Computational Science and in particular to highlight the role which modelling and simulation plays in future scientific discovery.
ICCS 2014 invites original contributions on all topics related to Computational Science, including, but not limited to:
- Scientific Computing
- Problem Solving Environments
- Advanced Numerical Algorithms
- Complex Systems: Modelling and Simulation
- Hybrid Computational Methods
- Web- and Grid-based Simulation and Computing
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Advanced Computing Architectures and New Programming Models
- Visualization and Virtual Reality as Applied to Computational Science
- Applications of Computation as a Scientific Paradigm
- New Algorithmic Approaches to Computational Kernels and Applications
- Computational Humanities
- Education in Computational Science
- Large Scale Scientific Instruments
- Computational Sociology
The submitted paper must be camera-ready and formatted according to the EasyChair template, not exceeding 10 pages. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
Papers must be based on unpublished original work and must be submitted to ICCS only.
After the conference, selected papers will be invited for a special issue of the Journal of Computational Science.
ICCS is an ERA 2010 A-ranked conference series.
For further details please visit http://iccs2014.ivec.org/
NEW Paper submission deadline: January 31, 2014
Notification of acceptance: February 24, 2014
Local Organizers: David Abramson, Valerie Maxville
Workshop Chair: Michael Lees
Publicity Chair: Valeria Krzhizhanovskaya
Scientific Co-chair: Jack Dongarra
Scientific Chair: Peter Sloot