SwSTE 2014 : IEEE CS International Conference on Software Science, Technology, and Engineering
Conference Series : Software - Science, Technology and Engineering
Call For Papers
IEEE CS International Conference on Software Science, Technology, and Engineering
(For a nice online copy of this CfP, please visit (http://www.iltam.org/infoblank.php?id=swste2014_program)
Call for Papers
IEEE CS International Conference on SoftwareScience, Technology, and Engineering
June 10–11, 2014Tel Aviv, Israel
http://www.iltam.org/swste2014 or E-mail: email@example.com
Scope of Conference:
There is no doubt that the delivery of software has crossed a large chasm, and terms like "SaaS (software as a service)" and "PaaS (platform as a service)" have moved from the R&D world into the real world. These changes pose new challenges to software users and providers alike. They give rise to seeing payments as for a subscription rather than for a license, a new model of return on investment, and supporting and maintaining software during its active use, Nowadays, more software is executed on external clouds than on internal, on-premise computers.
In parallel, we are seeing the fast development of the NUI (natural user interface), the first signs of it being the touch-and-motion-sensitive user interfaces introduced by the iPhone and other smart phones. Also called "perceptual computing", NUIs include gesture sensing, eyeball tracking, and facial expression analysis. We are seeing a move towards more natural ways of humans' interacting with computers, making a machine–human symbiosis.
We are still in the discovery phase also in the areas of big data and the internet of things, both of which have been around for some time. There are many new developments in these areas that are worth exploring.
SwSTE2014 focuses on these trends and other topics in software science, technology, and engineering. It provides a unique opportunity for researchers, scientists, practitioners, and managers from Israel and abroad to meet and share their ideas, results, and experiences.
Structure of Conference: The two-day conference will include
* keynote talks, presented by well-known software professionals,
* focused-track sessions, in which selected papers will be presented,
* state-of-the-art tutorials,
* a doctoral symposium, and
* industrial-track sessions, presenting case studies.
A best paper award will be presented at the opening session of the conference.
Topics of interest: While a paper on any topic relevant to software practice and research will be considered, special emphasis will be given to papers reporting Perceptual Computing – the next jump in NUIs, Big Data, Machine Learning and Analytics, and the Internet Of Things.
Submissions and Participation: Papers submitted to the conference should contain original contributions. SwSTE2014's international program committee will select the papers to be presented. The SwSTE2014 conference proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society and will be included at the IEEE Digital Library. Submitted papers must conform to the IEEE two-column conference style. See the required template at:
http://www2.computer.org/portal/web/peerreviewjournals/author#templates. Each paper is limited to ten pages. Papers are to be submitted electronically at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swste2014.
We look forward to your submissions and your participation.
Refereed Research Papers
Full paper submission deadline: December 15, 2013
Author notification: March 1, 2014
Camera-ready copy due: April 1, 2014
Abstract submission deadline: March 1, 2014
Author notification: March 15, 2014
Michael Steiner, SAP, General Chair
Leah Goldin, Chair IEEE CS Israel, Organizing Chair
Moshe Salem, ILTAM,
Daniel M. Berry, Univ. Waterloo, Canada, Program Committee Co-Chair
Sarit Kraus, Bar-Ilan Univ., Israel, Program Committee Co-Chair
Michael Steiner, Chair, SAP
Orna Berry, EMC2 Israel
Michael Rodeh, IBM Israel
Amiram Yehudai, Tel Aviv Univ.
Daniel M. Yellin, IBM Israel Software Lab.
Ayal Itzkovitz, Oracle
Daniel M. Berry, Univ. of Waterloo, Canada, Co-Chair
Sarit Kraus, Bar-Ilan Univ., Israel, Co-Chair
* Paulo Alencar, Univ. Waterloo, CA
* Judith Bishop, Microsoft Research, USA
* Yael Dubinksy, IBM Research – Haifa, IL
* Yishai Feldman, IBM Research – Haifa, IL
* Ariel Frank, Bar-Ilan Univ., IL
* Reuven Gallant, Jerusalem Coll. of Technology, IL
* Carlo Ghezzi, Politecnico di Milano, IT
* Yossi Gil, Technion, IL
* Leah Goldin, Afeka Tel Aviv Academic Coll. of Eng'g., IL
* Irit Hadar, Univ. of Haifa, IL
* Shlomo Harlev, IAI and Tact Testware Ltd. (retired), IL
* Orit Hazzan, Technion, IL
* Michael Jackson, Consultant & Open Univ., UK
* Stefan Jaehnichen, TU Berlin & FZI, DE
* Erik Kamsties, Fachhochschule Dortmund, DE
* Eliezer Kantorowitz, Technion, IL
* Mika Katara, Intel, FI
* Shmuel Katz, Technion, IL
* Shai Koenig, Comverse and Open Univ. of Israel, IL
* Jeffrey Kramer, Imperial College London, UK
* Joseph Kudish, Systems & Software Engineering, IL
* Tsvika Kuflik, Univ. of Haifa, IL
* Julio Leite, Pontificia Univ. Catolica Rio, BR
* Luisa Mich, University of Trento, IT
* Ami Moyal, Afeka Tel Aviv Academic Coll. of Eng'g., IL
* Lee Osterweil, Univ. of Massachussetts, USA
* Anna Perini, Bruno Kessler Foundation, IT
* Iris Reinhartz-Berger, Univ. of Haifa, IL
* Victoria Sakhnini, Consultant & Univ. of Waterloo, CA
* Uri Schild, Bar-Ilan Univ., IL
* Dafna Sheinwald, IBM Research – Haifa, IL
* Peretz Shoval, Ben Gurion Univ. of the Negev, IL
* Pnina Sofer, Univ. of Haifa, IL
* Angelo Susi, Bruno Kessler Foundation, IT
* Davor Svetinovic, Masdar Inst. of S&T, UAE & MIT, USA
* Tetsuo Tamai, Univ. of Tokyo, JP
* Richard Taylor, Univ. of California Irvine, USA
* Amir Tomer, Kinneret Coll., IL
* Sebastian Uchitel, Univ. of Buenos Aires, AR & Imperial Coll., UK
* Roel Wieringa, Univ. of Twente, NL
* Andrea Zisman, City Univ. London, UK
* Gabi Zodik, IBM Research – Haifa, IL
POB. 50232, Tel Aviv 61500, Israel. Phone: +972-3-5118112. Fax: +972-3-5100622
E-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org) (http://www.iltam.org)