InPACT 2014 : International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends 2014
Call For Papers
International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends (InPACT) 2014 in Porto, Portugal: send your abstract until 21 February 2014
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (LAST CALL - only for Poster and Virtual presentations)
International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends 2014
4 to 6 of April 2014 – Porto, Portugal
= Important Dates =
Abstract submissions: until 21 February 2014
Authors' notifications: from 7 March 2014
Registration: until 17 March 2014
Prof. Carlos Amaral Dias, BSc(Hons), MD, PhD, C. Psychol., FBPsS
Full Professor in the University of Coimbra, Director of Instituto Superior Miguel Torga and Vice-President of the Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
= Conference Goals =
The goal for this conference is to offer a new approach to the discussion and presentation of the psychological science nowadays. We expect to engage and interact with authors and researchers from various countries, cultures and fields in the area. We provide the answer to expose new quality developments in research and theoretical findings in Applied Psychology. Some main areas are chosen and divided in more detailed sub-themes (see below), not omitting other topics regarding groundbreaking contributions that might benefit attendees at the conference.
= InPACT format =
The conference will cover many types of presentation formats, incorporating Invited Keynote Speakers, oral and thematic showcases. Among the conference materials, given to all registered attendees, a book will be published and provided with the Proceedings delivered at the conference. Publication opportunities will also be available from selected international journals.
= Themes of Interest =
To develop the conference program we have chosen five main broad-ranging categories in Applied Psychology, which also covers different interest areas:
- In CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY: Emotions and related psychological processes; Assessment; Psychotherapy and counselling; Addictive behaviours; Eating disorders; Personality disorders; Quality of life and mental health; Communication within relationships; Services of mental health; and Psychopathology.
- In EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY: Language and cognitive processes; School environment and childhood disorders; Parenting and parenting related processes; Learning and technology; Psychology in schools; Intelligence and creativity; Motivation in classroom; Perspectives on teaching; Assessment and evaluation; and Individual differences in learning.
- In SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY: Cross-cultural dimensions of mental disorders; Employment issues and training; Organizational psychology; Psychology in politics and international issues; Social factors in adolescence and its development; Social anxiety and self-esteem; Immigration and social policy; Self-efficacy and identity development; Parenting and social support; and Addiction and stigmatization.
- In LEGAL PSYCHOLOGY: Violence and trauma; Mass-media and aggression; Intra-familial violence; Juvenile delinquency; Aggressive behaviour in childhood; Internet offending; Working with crime perpetrators; Forensic psychology; Violent risk assessment; and Law enforcement and stress.
- In COGNITIVE AND EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY: Perception, memory and attention; Decision making and problem-solving; Concept formation, reasoning and judgment; Language processing; Learning skills and education; Cognitive Neuroscience; Computer analogies and information processing (Artificial Intelligence and computer simulations); Social and cultural factors in the cognitive approach; Experimental methods, research and statistics; and Biopsychology.
= Types of Contributions =
All submissions are subjected to a blind-review refereeing process and are divided in these categories:
- Virtual presentations
- Corporates can also showcase their products or services in the conference exhibitions area by contacting the secretariat or publicity email (provided below).
= Conference Date and Location=
InPACT 2014 will be held in Porto, Portugal, in Hotel HF IPANEMA PORTO, and will occur from 4 to 6 of April 2014.
= Contacts =
Conference email: email@example.com
Publicity email: firstname.lastname@example.org
InPACT 2014 Conference and Program Chair
Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Portugal