21st Century Wiener 2014 : IEEE 2014 Conference on Norbert Wiener in the 21st Century
Call For Papers
With the theme Reintroducing Norbert Wiener, the IEEE 2014 Conference on Norbert Wiener in the 21st Century will include:
• Examination of the subsequent development and importance of his
research, including multi-disciplinary panels of experts examining
specific questions related to his fields
• A current look at the social impact and ethical challenges of technology
that he foresaw
• Reminiscences of his life from people who knew him personally
• An important part of the conference will be sessions of research papers
on contemporary work related to Wiener’s pioneering contributions.
These will be selected from submissions to this open call for papers (CFP).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Subsequent 21st Century development of his fields of work (fuzzy
sets and modelling, information theory, philosophy, life sciences,
interval computation, Brownian motion, analysis under uncertainty,
cybernetics and its applications in business, education and society…)
• 21st Century relevance of his societal concerns (information ethics,
technology innovation and economic development, robots and the
future of work, cyber warfare and crime, science fiction as social
• Wiener the person (reminiscences, history of technology including
the internet, technology biography, Wiener in India and China…)
• Encouraging new research and publishing in his fields of work.