MICA 2013 : Journal of Creative Communications
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS!
Special Issue on Leadership Communication
Submit your manuscript today:
Journal of Creative Communications (JOCC) is a double blind peer reviewed journal published by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA), India and SAGE Publications. It announces its special issue on “Leadership Communication” to be published in 2014. Professor C Panduranga Bhatta, Business Ethics and Communication Group, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, India is the guest editor of this special issue.
The overall purpose of leadership is to help human life, organization, society and civilization to thrive in the contemporary world of heterogeneity. In order to achieve this, leaders have to become more effective, more articulate and authentic, more creative, more impact-making and more credible. 21st century leaders need to nurture multiple talents, lead changes, improve multi-dimensional performances, encourage learning through exchange, and achieve results in effective ways so as to cooperate and create a successful enterprise.
Communication is a crucial tool for effective enactment of the aforementioned leadership roles that involve Herculean challenges. Leaders have to communicate their vision and mission in order to give direction to their organizations besides successfully completing the tasks of guiding, motivating, inspiring and transforming people, for achieving organizational goals. It is through communication that leaders can steer change management and introduce revolutionary transformations. This special volume focuses on various models of effective leadership communication.
Suggested topics for research papers, cases etc.
Research articles, cases, interviews, interpretations of speeches etc. in the following areas are invited for this volume:
• Leadership Communication as Strategy
• Comprehending and mastering the craft of persuasive communication through the right mix of ethos,
logos and pathos for changing the audience mindsets
• Deploying efficacious communication strategies for selling one’s ideas successfully to the stakeholders
• Prevention and Resolution of Conflict through Communication
• Using oratory skills to develop motivation and inspiration in public speaking
• Developing inclusive communication skills through audience engagement
• Handling inter-personal conflicts for smooth team functioning for optimum productivity and solving problems at various levels through communication
• Creativity in communication by dexterous use of language thereby breaking the monotony of mundane and hackneyed styles of communication that have lost their effect
• Employing narratives, myths and stories to give one’s message the right zing
• Understanding the role of media in brand communication
• Comprehending and practicing inter-cultural communication skills so as to lead culturally heterogeneous teams in multi-national environments
• Any other area relevant to Leadership Communication
The above list is indicative and JOCC welcomes papers in areas relevant to the special issue theme.
Please send in your intent for contributing a paper and its abstract by October 30, 2013.
Deadline for submitting the manuscript is November 30, 2013.
Manuscript should be submitted to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SAGE Publications India Pvt. Ltd.