ICC (Data Storage Track) 2014 : IEEE International Conference on Communications - Data Storage Track
Call For Papers
Paper submission is now open for the Data Storage Track, Symposium on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE ICC 2014. ICC 2014 will be held in Sydney, Australia June 10-14, 2014.
Submission is on EDAS:
Select "IEEE ICC 2014 - SAC - Data Storage"
The submission deadline is September 15, 2013.
Scope and Topics of Interest
• Network coding techniques for distributed storage networks
• Equalization, detection and filtering for data storage systems
• Timing recovery and write pre-compensation techniques
• Channel and noise characterization for magnetic recording, flash memories and emerging memory technologies
• Error-correcting codes for storage channels and distributed storage networks
• ECC decoding techniques
• Information theory for storage
• Signal processing for shingled writing, heat-assisted magnetic recording and bit-patterned media
• WOM codes, modulation codes and run-length limited codes
• Circuit design for coding, detection, and read/write channels
• Security for cloud storage and storage devices
• Novel and emerging storage media: optical, PCM, MRAM, RRAM, etc.
• Energy-efficient designs for storage
Data storage is at the core of the information technology revolution, from the smartphones in our hands to data centers in the cloud. Hard disk drives, flash memories, new non-volatile memory technologies, as well as distributed storage networks combine to provide ubiquitous access to data. But these new and existing systems pose novel problems of storage density, reliability, efficiency and security. Signal processing and coding techniques are the foundation for solving these problems. While storage channel models are fundamentally communication channels, the unique demands of recording and storage create new challenges to maintain the pace of growth.
Submission guidelines. Papers are maximum 6 pages in IEEE conference format. For additional guidelines:
TPC Members - Preliminary
Kui Cai, Data Storage Institute, Singapore
Lara Dolecek, UCLA, USA
Shayan Garani, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Jeongseok Ha, KAIST, Korea
Kohsuke Harada, Toshiba, Japan
Xinde Hu, SanDisk Corporation, USA
Hiroshi Kamabe, Gifu University, Japan
Jaekyun Moon, KAIST, Korea
Frederique Oggier, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Lluis Pamies-Juarez, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Ricardo Raheli, University of Parma, Italy
Pornchai Supnithi, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
Haitao Xia, LSI Corporation, USA
Eitan Yaakobi, Caltech, USA
Xinmiao Zhang, SanDisk Corporation, USA
Brian M. Kurkoski
Symposium Track Chair
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology