IEICE TCOM SS 2013 : IEICE Transactions on Communications: Special Section on Future Broadband Access Technologies (August 2014)
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
IEICE Transactions on Communications: Special Section on EU’s FP7 ICT R&D Project Activities on Future Broadband Access Technologies in Conjunction with Main Topics of 2013 IEICE ICT Forum
The IEICE Transactions on Communications announces that it will publish a special section entitled “EU’s FP7 ICT R&D Project Activities on Future Broadband Access Technologies in Conjunction with Main Topics of 2013 IEICE ICT Forum” in August 2014. The special section is organized by IEICE Europe Section.
As the growth of wireless services continues, improved and new transmission technologies, system and network architectures and their socio-economic implications are being investigated in order to accommodate the increasing user demand for ease of scalability and reliable broadband service. On this background, since 2007, European Commission (EC) has launched 7th European Union’s (EU’s) Framework Programme (FP7) for ICT R&D projects, and in 2013, the final year of FP7, IEICE Europe Section will held IEICE ICT Forum 2013 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The special section seeks for submission particularly from, but not limited to, the authors of the IEICE ICT Forum, and will focus on both theoretical and practical aspects of new algorithms, network/system design and architectures, performance analysis, and experimental studies, related to the technical fields of EU’s FP7 ICT R&D project.
Topics of the special section include research results from EU’s FP7 ICT R&D project activities or related ones for, but are not limited to, the following areas:
Information and communication theory and algorithms,
4G and beyond wireless cellular networks/wireless cooperative networks/wireless cognitive and reconfigurable networks, and related technologies,
Socio-economic implications of new technologies, law/regulatory impacts of new network technologies, social networking, The Internet of Things and machine type communications,
Next-generation wireline access technologies and networks (integration of optical and wireless access as a last mile, converged optical-wireless networks, power communication technologies, future broadband digital subscriber line (DSL) access, distributed monitoring and management techniques, channel modeling/measurement,)
Performance measurements, experimental platforms and testbeds concerning to the above mentioned topics.
The standard number of pages is 8; the page charges are considerably higher for extra pages. Manuscripts should be prepared according to the guidelines given in the “Information for Authors.” The latest version is available at the web site, http://www.ieice.org/eng/shiori/mokuji_cs.html. Note that The IEICE Transactions on Communications has discontinued LETTERs due to the new online journal for letters, “IEICE Communications Express.”
The term for revising the manuscript after acknowledgement of conditional acceptance for this special section could be shorter than that for the regular section (60 days) because of the tight review schedule.
This special section will accept papers by only electronic submission. Prospective authors are requested to follow carefully the submission process described bellow.
1) Submit a manuscript and electronic source files (TeX/Word files, figures, authors’ photos and biography) for publishing using the IEICE Web site https://review.ieice.org/regist_e.aspx by October 31, 2013(Japan Standard Time).Authors should choose the [Special-EB] EU’s FP7 ICT R&D Project Activities on Future Broadband Technologies in Conjunction with Main Topics of 2013 IEICE ICT Forum as the “Type of Issue (Section)/Category of Transactions” on the online screen. Do not choose [Regular-EB
2) Send the “Copyright Transfer and Page Charge Agreement” and “Confirmation Sheet of Manuscript Registration” forms by E-mail or FAX to the following address (guest editor of the special section) by the above due date. We may withdraw the submission if these documents do not arrived by the due date, even if the manuscript has been received by electric submission.
For additional guidelines on manuscript submission, please visit: http://www.ieice.org/eng/shiori/mokuji_cs.html .
Send the above documents to:
Prof. Makoto Taromaru
Faculty of Engineering, Fukuoka University
Phone: +81-92-871-6631 ex 6383, Fax: +81-92-865-6031, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Section Editorial Committee
Guest Editor-in-Chief: Haris Gacanin (Alcatel-Lucent Bell)
Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Fumiyuki Adachi (Tohoku University)
- Makoto Taromaru (Fukuoka University),
- Mariusz Glabowski (Poznan University of Technology),
- Yukihiko Okumura (NTT DOCOMO).
Guest Associate Editors:
- Idelfonso Tafur Monroy (Technical University of Denmark),
- Dejan Vukobratovic (University of Novi Sad),
- Tomaz Javornik (Jozef Stefan Institute),
- Cedomir Stefanovic (University of Novi Sad),
- Eleftherios Kofidis (University of Piraeus),
- Rodrigo Santamaria (University of Salamanca),
- Johan Bauwelinck (Gent University),
- Cesar Briso (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid),
- Anastasios Zafeiropoulos (Greek Research & Technology Network),
- Sabine Wittervrongel (Gent University),
- Gregorio Martinez (University of Murcia),
- Ruben Fuentes (University Computense de Madrid),
- Shingo Ata (Osaka City University).