MMSys 2014 : ACM Multimedia Systems Conference
Conference Series : ACM SIGMM Conference on Multimedia Systems
Call For Papers
The ACM Multimedia Systems conference provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and scientist to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems is regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating system, real-time system, and database communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to view the intersections and interplay of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types. Furthermore, MMSys provides an avenue for communicating research that addresses multimedia systems holistically.
Multimedia systems permeate many aspects of our daily life, and are steadily developed further. MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
- Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or systems whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in one of more components, or
- Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.
Such individual system components include:
- Operating systems
- Distributed architectures and protocol enhancements
- Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
- Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
- New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses and algorithms for their operation
- Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
- Metrics, measures and measurement tools to assess performance
This touches aspects of many hot topics: DASH, games, virtual environments, augmented reality, 3D video, immersive systems, telepresence, multi- and many-core, GPGPUs, mobile streaming, P2P, Clouds, cyber-physical systems – explore the connections on http://www.mmsys.org
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the technical program committee. Full papers will be evaluated for their scientific quality. Accepted papers must reach a high scientific standard and document unpublished research.
Best papers' authors will be invited to submit a modified version of their contribution to the ACM TOMCCAP (Transaction on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications) journal.
Papers should be between 6 and 12 pages long (in PDF format) prepared in the ACM style and written in English.
The unusual length of MMSys papers is meant to enable authors to present entire multimedia systems or present research work that builds on considerable amounts of earlier work in a self-contained manner. MMSys papers are published in the ACM Digital Library; they are available for just as long as journal papers and authors should not feel compelled by space limitations to publish extended works on top of an MMSys paper. Authors who submit very specific, detailed research work that does not require such brevity are encouraged to use less than 12 pages.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: September 27, 2013
Acceptance Notification: November 25, 2013
Camera Ready Deadline: January 15, 2014
For further queries and extra information, please contact Wei Tsang Ooi at firstname.lastname@example.org