ICTA 2013 : Fourth International Conference On Information and Communication Technology and Accessibility
Conference Series : Information and Communication Technologies and Accessibility
Call For Papers
The fourth International Conference on ICT & Accessibility ICTA2013 is organized by the Research Laboratory of Technologies of Information and Communication and Electrical Engeneering (LaTICE), of the University of Tunis in collaboration with The Computing Center EL KHAWARIZMI (CCK), with the Co-sponsorship of IEEE Tunisian Section. This year’s edition of ICTA has the theme of “Design 4 all”.
People with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive impairments are facing many barriers to use ICT-based services. Those barriers might vary as the infrastructure changes and may prevent the access to information or interactive services. Also, due to the richness of information, the infrastructure and contingent factors like language barriers, everybody can become situationally impaired. The focus will be then put on devices and software to enhance the lives and promote the independence of people with disabilities.
The conference explores the design, evaluation and use of computing and information technologies to make life easier especially for specific groups of users like people with disabilities. We therefore welcome high quality and original papers relevant to these issues. Papers that propose new tools, that assess solutions that show similarities or differences between existent approaches are then expected. We also encourage the participation of users and other interested parties as an additional balance to the discussion. Our aim is to focus on accessibility by encouraging participation from many disciplines. Views bridge academia, commerce, and industry and arguments encompassing a range of beliefs across the design-accessibility spectrum are presented.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by an international program committee. The accepted papers, posters and demonstrations will be published in the IEEXplore and indexed in DBLP. At least one author of the accepted submissions must register as the presenter.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Accessible mobile environments.
• Mobile apps for people with disabilities.
• Software engineering for accessibility.
• Cloud Computing and Assistive Technology services.
• E-learning and accessibility.
• E-learning tools and environments for people with disabilities.
• Human Computer Interfaces for people with disabilities.
• Usability and Ergonomics.
• Web accessibility.
• End user tools for accessibility.
• Assistive technology.
• Technology design for people with multiple impairments.
• Accessibility and usability.
• E-Aging and Gerontechnology.
• Assistive Technology.
• Design for All.
• ICT for inclusive education.
• Automatic translation of Sign languages.
• Technologies for improving communication with Deaf people.
• Representation and Processing of Sign Languages.
July 05, 2013 : Submission of papers (Extended)
July 05, 2013 : Poster/demonstration Submission (Extended)
July 05, 2013 : Proposals for tutorials and thematic sessions (Extended)
August,20 2013 : Notification of acceptance
September, 10 2013 : Camera-ready submission & registration