ICTA - Thematic Session 2013 : Thematic Session Accessibility and Arabic Language: Current State and Recurring Barriers
Call For Papers
Thematic Session Proposal
Accessibility and Arabic Language: Current State and Recurring Barriers
Arabic is a Semitic language that uses a distinct alphabet set and spoken by more than 340 million individuals as their first language. It is the official language, either solely or jointly, in twenty countries located in the Middle East and Africa.
Accessibility tools, technologies, guidelines, etc. that support and target Arabic language are rare. Also some of the existing technologies do not handle Arabic content properly. Therefore, in this thematic session we will bring together researchers and practitioners interested in overcoming Accessibility issues and barriers of Arabic language to share their findings and solutions.
List of topics includes but not limited to:
- Accessibility of Arabic websites
- Web 2.0 accessibility and Arabic language
- Accessibility and Arabic PDF documents
- Characteristics of Accessible Arabic content
- Impact of Accessibility on Arabic content
- Accessible Mobile Technology for Arabic content
- Assistive Applications and Services for Arabic content.
July 20, 2013 : Submission of papers
August,20 2013 : Notification of acceptance
September, 10 2013 : Camera-ready submission & registration
October 24-26, 2013 : Conference period
Instructions for authors
The working language of the conference is English. Authors are required to prepare the manuscripts in the IEEE two-column format. Only manuscripts in DOC or PDF formats will be accepted.
Complete papers are required for the review process. The following page number limits must be respected.
• Full research paper: 6 pages.
• Short paper: 3 pages.
These page limits include authors' information, abstract (no more than 200 words), all tables, figures, references, etc. The author information should include names, affiliation, postal and email addresses.
IEEE proceedings style format for paper submissions can be found at:
Download DOC version | Download PDF version
You need to submit electronically you paper to: http://www.icta.rnu.tn/submit/
If you have any problem with the online submission, please send your paper by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
• Hend Al-Khalifa, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
• Henda Chorfi, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
Proposed Program Committee
1. Asma Al-Sumait, Kuwait university, Kuwait
2. Muna Al-Razgan, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
3. Auhood Al-Faris, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
4. Maha Al-Yahya, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
5. Ameera Al-Masoud, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
6. Atheer Al-Khalifa, King Abdualaziz City for Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
7. Mohsen Labidi, University of Tunis, Tunisia
8. FatihaBousbahi, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
9. SofienGannouni, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia