BigDataCloud 2013 : 2nd Workshop on Big Data Management in Clouds
Call For Papers
2nd Workshop on Big Data Management in Clouds
in conjunction with Euro-Par 2013
Sharing, disseminating and analyzing Big Data has become a critical issue despite the deployment of petascale computing systems, and optical networking speeds reaching up to 100 Gbps. While Map/Reduce covers a large fraction of the development space, there are still many applications that are better served by other models and systems. In such a context, we need to embrace new programming models, scheduling schemes, hybrid infrastructures and scale out of single datacenters to geographically distributed deployments in order to cope with these new challenges effectively.
The BigDataCloud workshop provides a platform for the dissemination of recent research efforts that explicitly aim at addressing these challenges. It supports the presentation of advanced solutions for the efficient management of Big Data in the context of Cloud computing, new development and deployment efforts in running data-intensive computing workloads. In particular, we are interested in how the use of Cloud-based technologies can meet the data intensive scientific challenges of HPC applications that are not well served by the current supercomputers or grids, and are being ported to Cloud platforms.
• Cloud storage architectures for Big Data
• Reliability of data intensive applications and services in the Cloud
• Query processing and indexing in Cloud computing systems
• Data privacy and security in Clouds
• Data-intensive computing on hybrid infrastructures
• Cloud storage resource management
• Content delivery networks using storage Clouds
• Data management across geographically distributed data centers
• Data handling in MapReduce based computations
• Data management in HPC Clouds
• Programming models for data-intensive Cloud computing
• Elasticity for Cloud data management systems
• Self-* and adaptive mechanisms
• Performance evaluation of Cloud environments and technologies
• Data streaming and dynamic applications on Clouds
Accepted papers that are presented at the workshop, will be published in a revised form in a special Euro-Par Workshop Volume in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series after the Euro-Par conference.