WMSCI 2013 : World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 17th World Multi-Conference on
Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics: WMSCI 2013
July 9 - 15, 2013 – Orlando, Florida, USA
Honorary President: William Lesso
Program Committee Chairs: C. Dale Zinn and Jorge Baralt
General Chair: Nagib Callaos
Conference’s Major Themes
• Information Systems, Technologies and Applications.
• Ethics, Cybernetics and Informatics
• Free/Open Source Software, Technologies and Content
• Optical Systems, Technologies and Applications.
• Human Information Systems
• Computer Science and Engineering
• Communication and Network Systems, Technologies and Applications
• Control Systems, Technologies and Applications
• Image, Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing
• Applications of Informatics and Cybernetics in Science and Engineering (MEI 2013)
• Concepts, Principles, Methodologies and Applications of Cybernetics
The Program Committee has about 106 members, who are complemented by about 5.932 reviewers, from about 125 countries. The names, affiliations and countries of the PC’s members as well as the additional reviewers could be found at the Conference’s web site, or more specifically at www.iiis-summer13.org/wmsci/PCommitte.asp. The Program Committee is mostly formed by 1) the authors of the sessions' best papers of WMSCI 2012; 2) its effective invited session organizers who also were co-editors of the conference proceedings; and 3) some members of past WMSCI Conferences, who were also authors of best papers. (Those who manifested no interest in participating in the Program Committee have been removed).
Given the Global Recession, and thinking of those scholars, researchers and professionals related with the conference topics but unable to attend it personally (usually due to insufficient funding for the traveling costs) a Virtual Participation mode has been established, with the same peer reviewing and validity than face-to-face ones.
Submissions made for Virtual Participation would go through the same reviewing processes of the regular papers (double-blind, non-blind, and participative peer reviewing) and, if accepted (according to the same acceptance policy), they will be included in the proceedings and will be eligible for journal publication, with no additional cost, if they are, according to their reviewers, among the best 10%-20% of those physically and virtually presented at the conference.
Each regular session, included in the conference program, will be associated to a corresponding virtual session where all final versions of the articles to be presented will be displayed and authors can comment them via electronic forums. Registered authors of virtual participations will have access to all conference program sessions (and papers). Their article will be displayed as the regular ones. Virtual authors also have the option of sending, besides the final version of their article in a PDF document, an electronic presentation (PowerPoint, flash, etc. and/or a 15-20 minutes video)
After paying the respective shipping and handling costs, registered authors of virtual participation, who have paid their registration fee, can get delivered the same conference material that the regular attendees receive at the registration desk.
Ways of Participation and Support
Participation in the conference could be done by means of one or several of the following activities:
• The submission of a paper/abstract.
• The organization of Invited Session(s)
• Tutorial proposals
• The organization of Focus Symposium.
• The reviewing process.
• The conference promotion.
• Recommending scholars/researchers in order to have an active participation and/or submit the papers.
• Panel Presentation.
• Proposing Organizations/Institutes/Universities as Academic/Scientific Co-Sponsors.