LBAS 2013 : 10th Workshop on Location Based Applications and Services
Call For Papers
"Tradition meets Innovation" is the promising motto of the 10 th Workshop for Location based Application and Services, dedicated to a bundle of interesting aspects around modern mobile systems. Discuss state of the art in an atmosphere of grand tradition: In Jena, Goethe, Schiller, Hegel and Fichte left their mark on intellectual life, Abbe, Zeiss and Schott laid the foundations for economic prosperity. Germany's former "Science City" will provide an excellent venue for LBAS's workshop topics.
Due to the rapid evolution of location based services and rich mobile devices, new applications for day-to-day use is possible on next quality level. In search of innovative solutions, multi-disciplinary collaboration among researchers and industry partners is essential. Hence, the goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers, experts, and practitioners from various areas related to novel Location Based Applications and Services.
Application: Location based Applications and Services
- Location based cell phone services
- Location based distribution and lookup services
- Databases for location based services (GIS etc.)
- Location based applications e.g. tour guides, friend finder etc.
- Mobility and user context modelling
Technology: Frameworks and Sercurity
- User interfaces for mobile and location based applications
- Positioning (including mobile networks)
- Distributed middleware for location based applications and services
- Security aspects for mobile and location based services
- Adaptive and generic frameworks and libraries
Foundation: New Aspects and Areas
- New applications' areas and experiences (gaming, entertainment, security, early warning, disaster management)
- Sensor and sensor networks for vontext and location awareness
- Distributed algorithms and simulation models
- Open and business aspects of new and similar location based areas
We solicit submissions of unpublished papers presenting research results, industrial experiences and applications, as well as detailed specifications of open problems.
Electronic submission is required. Full papers of no more than 10 pages written in German and English should be submitted as PDF files using the conference management system. All submitted papers will be subject to a double reviewing process by the program committee.