WCOA 2014 : World Congress of Accountants 2014
Call For Papers
The Scientific Committee of the World Congress of Accountants 2014 invites the submission of original research papers to be published on the occasion of the 19th World Congress, in order to stimulate and feed the debate around the theme of the Congress: “2020 Vision: Learning from the Past, Building the Future”.
The objective of this invitation is to share contributions of world-wide researchers and scholars on future trends of the accountancy profession, and to disseminate innovative ideas.
The paper should assume a future looking perspective and aim at providing sound analysis and evidence of how the accountancy profession is developing its activities and organizational models, and evolving its pivotal role in a changing economic and cultural environment. Contributions dealing with key issues and critical factors for the development of an accounting practice over the next decade are welcomed as well.
The research may address any significant breakthrough and innovation in the accountancy profession in its broadest concept, by focusing on areas as:
• International convergence, national regulatory frameworks and adoption/implementation mechanisms in financial reporting, audit and assurance domains;
• Professional Ethics;
• Organizational structures of professional practices and networks;
• Challenges and benefits of accrual accounting in public sector financial management and reporting;
• Business advisory, decision making process and integrated reporting – combining financial and non-financial measures.
The final publication will include between 10 to 15 selected papers. Among the papers accepted for the final publication one will be selected as the top research paper and awarded with a prize.
The papers selected by an International Scientific Review Panel will be published with IFAC as publisher in downloadable version and hardcopies, and distributed to the participants at the World Congress of Accountants 2014.
Papers are welcomed on original and unpublished researches from scholars belonging to academia and accountancy bodies.
Interested scholars may submit only one paper proposal.
Abstracts must be submitted by 31 May 2013, through the dedicated link on the WCOA web site: www.wcoa2014rome.com
They should not exceed 400 words and be in Adobe pdf format.
The papers, following the selected abstracts, should not exceed 7,000 words, and be submitted in editable format (for publication purposes).
A copyright release will be required by IFAC.
Abstracts and papers should be in English.
Submission of abstracts and papers after the deadlines indicated below will not be accepted.
Submissions will be judged on originality, methodological soundness, significance of results, relevance to the conference theme and interest for the attendees.
An International scientific review panel will manage the selection, based on a blind review, in 3 phases:
• Selection of abstracts to be developed into papers
• Assessment of papers to be included in the publication
• Selection of the prize winner to be awarded during the Congress
• Submission of Abstracts 31 May 2013
• Notification of acceptance 31 July 2013
• Submission of Papers 28 February 2014
• Assessment of Papers and selection of Prize winner 30 June 2014
• Submission of papers for print ready 30 September 2014
Questions and clarifications can be addressed to the organizing committee secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org