KSS 2013 : The 14th International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Science
Call For Papers
ISKSS is one of the major research communities in the world for knowledge and systems sciences. ISKSS particularly focuses on complex problems solving. The main goal of the conference is to facilitate the exchange and interaction of knowledge across disciplines and borders, and explore the new territories and new frontiers. With more than 14-year continuous endeavours, ISKSS has become a leading platform for scholars and research students to share their research outcomes and experience on knowledge science and systems science. The first International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences, initiated and organized by Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, was held in September 2000 (visit http://www.iskss.org/ for details). This year, the Fourteenth symposium, KSS' 2013 will be held in Ningbo. It is expecting to provide excellent opportunities for the presentation of interesting new research results that lead to knowledge transfer and the synergetic generation of new ideas.
Participants are invited to submit papers in all areas of knowledge- and data- based approaches, particularly in the areas of knowledge science, data science, social networks, complex system analysis, etc. Research topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Creation of agent-based social systems sciences
• Cross-cultural learning on systems thinking and knowledge management
• Complex system modelling and Analysis
• Knowledge creation: creativity support, awareness support, etc.
• Knowledge discovery: data mining, text mining, other statistical methods, etc.
• Knowledge systems engineering
• Meta-synthesis and advanced modelling
• Social network analysis and knowledge management
• Systems methodology for knowledge integration and creation
• Web Intelligence Tools
Paper Submission Deadline: July 26, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: Aug 26, 2013
Registration/camera-ready: Sept 10, 2013
Conference Dates: Oct 25-27, 2013
All submissions should be in English. Submission of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at least one author will attend the conference to present the work. Papers should be submitted in LNDS (Lecture Notes in Decision Sciences) format as PDF or Word files and may not exceed 10 pages.
Submission website: https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=kss2013
All accepted papers will be invited to the following journals:
• IJKSS (International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science, Official journal of IJKSS community)
• Word Wide Web Journal (SCI, Springer, TBA)
• Knowledge and Information Systems (SCI, Springer, TBA)
• Journal of Computers (EI/DBLP Journal)
Prof. Simon French (Warwick Uni, UK)
Prof. Yong Shi (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China),
Prof. Rao Kotagiri (Melbourne Uni, Australia)
Prof. Yiu-ming Cheung (HKBU, China)
Prof. Dimitrios Georgakopoulos (CSIRO, Australia)