GSCL 2013 : GSCL 2013 - FINAL Call for Papers
Call For Papers
GSCL 2013 Final Call for Papers
+++++ Submission Deadline April 12, 2013 ++++++
* Full Papers: 12 Pages LNCS + refs
* Short Papers: 6 Pages LNCS + refs
* Demo Papers: 4 Pages LNCS + refs
* NECTAR track - previously presented research: 4 Pages LNCS + refs
See http://gscl2013.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/ for details.
Call For Papers
The bi-annual meeting of the German Society for Computational Linguistics and Language Technology (GSCL) in 2013 will take place from 25th to 27th September at Technische Universität Darmstadt organized by the UKP Lab, Department of Computer Science.
This time, the conference will especially try to attract international researchers, both in terms of the conference language, conference topics and a variety of specialized paper tracks, attracting different types of papers. The conference proceedings will appear as part of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science/Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence.
The main conference theme is "Language Processing and Knowledge in the Web". This has been an area of great and steadily increasing interest within the language processing and related communities over the past years. Both in terms of academic research and commercial applications, the Web stimulated and influenced the research directions yielding results with impact beyond the Web itself. Thus, it will be highly useful to highlight the most recent advances within this domain and consolidate the individual research outcomes in a major language processing conference.
Contributions to any topic related to Computational Linguistics and Language Technology are invited, but we especially encourage submissions that are related to the main theme.
* NLP for the Web: How language processing enhances the use of the Web
- Document Summarization
- Question Answering
- Information Extraction from the Web
- Multilingual Processing
- Semantic Web applications empowered by NLP
- Semantic Information Retrieval
- Social Media Analysis
- Text and Web mining
- Topic Detection and Tracking in the Web
- Web Document Clustering
* The Web for NLP: How language processing can be improved using the Web
- Automatic Data Acquisition from the Web
- Collaboratively Constructed Language Resources
- Collection of Web Corpora
- Use of Search Engines for Language Processing
- Using Web Data for Linguistic Processing
- Processing Web Data
The format and the types of submissions for GSCL2013 have changed in comparison to previous events in this series. Please find more detailed information about the types of submissions on the conference webpage at http://gscl2013.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/ .
We invite the following types of submissions:
To be included in the Springer LNAI Proceedings and required to be written in English:
* Full Papers: 12 pages in LNCS/LNAI format, excluding references
* Short Papers: Papers: 6 pages in LNCS/LNAI format, excluding references
To be included in the Online Conference Proceedings hosted by GSCL (English or German):
* System Demonstrations: up to 4 pages system description in LNCS/LNAI format, excluding references
* Student Research Papers: 6 pages in LNCS/LNAI format, excluding references
* NECTAR Track Papers: up to 4 pages in LNCS/LNAI format, excluding references
Conference languages are English and German. Talks will be mainly held in English due to the international audience.
* Submission Deadline: April 12, 2013
* Notification of Acceptance: May 10, 2013
* Camera-ready Deadline: June 7, 2013
* Conference: September 25-27, 2013
* Iryna Gurevych (General Chair)
* Chris Biemann (Program Co-Chair)
* Torsten Zesch (Program Co-Chair)
* Gy√∂rgy Szarvas (Workshops and Tutorials Chair)
* Wolfgang Stille (Local Chair)
Submission Link: https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=gscl2013