EuroITV WSICC 2013 : 1st International Workshop on Interactive Content Consumption at EuroITV 2013
Call For Papers
1st Int. Workshop on Interactive Content Consumption at EuroITV 2013
CALL FOR PAPERS AND DEMOS
This workshop focuses on novel forms of interactive content consumption. It will explore the shifting balance between lean-back passive TV consumption and lean-forward interactivity; this shift is especially relevant considering the explosion of companion screen interaction, multi-modal gesture/voice control and advanced audiovisual content interaction such as free viewpoint video and user-controlled shot selection. New media formats and consumption paradigms have emerged that allow for new types of interactivity.
The workshop’s objective is to provide a highly interactive discussion forum that will allow capturing a comprehensive view on this research area. We aim to examine and evaluate new forms of content interaction by discussing the field along three axes:
• Recent technological advances that provide new forms of audiovisual content interaction;
• User studies that evaluate new types of audiovisual content interaction;
• Technologies that supports the user in finding the balance between passive consumption and lean-forward interaction.
The workshop is seeking contributions from technical research, user-centric studies, and industry developments. Please consider submitting research papers for oral presentation, or shorter papers to contribute as (technical) demo or poster.
You can find more details on the workshop webpage.
• April 7th (extended): submission deadline
• April 22nd: notification
• May 10th: final version due
• June 24th: workshop @ EuroITV2013 in Como, Italy
• Workshop papers: 4-6 pages, to be presented as oral presentation
• Posters and demos: max. 2 page description and background
Please submit a single PDF file via EasyChair.
Rene Kaiser, JOANNEUM RESEARCH, Graz, Austria
Omar Aziz Niamut, TNO, Delft, The Netherlands
Goranka Zoric, The Interactive Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Graham Thomas, BBC, London, UK
Web: http://www.fascinate-project.eu/index.php/wsicceuroitv2013/ http://www.euro-itv.org/
Discuss on Twitter: #WSICC
This workshop is supported by the FascinatE project.