EMotions 2013 : International Workshop on Engineering Mobile Web Applications
Call For Papers
DEADLINE EXTENSION: 7th of May 2013
*** FOCUS & GOALS ***
This International workshop on Engineering Mobile Web Applications (EMotions'2013) is focused on the theories and practices for the development of mobile Web applications. It is organized in conjunction with the 13th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE) that is going to held in Aalborg, Denmark, in July 2013.
The goal of this workshop is to bring the attention of participants of ICWE to the opportunities and challenges brought by recent advances on mobile technology allowing ubiquitous access to Web applications through mobile devices. We are interested in theories and practice for the development of mobile Web applications including models, methods, tools, frameworks and case studies that describe Web applications running on mobile Web browsers.
*** TOPICS of INTERESTS ***
(but not limited to)
- Adaptation techniques for deploying Web sites over mobile platforms;
- Contextualization of user experience with mobile Web apps;
- End-user customizations for mobile Web apps;
- Experience reports describing actual usage of mobile Web applications;
- Frameworks and new technologies for developing mobile Web applications;
- Investigation of connection modes (e.g. connected versus disconnected mode);
- Strategies for adapting and integrate information according to the user's current (geo)location;
- Studies investigating the of actual usage of mobile Web applications;
- Successful/failures stories of developing/deploying web application on mobile platforms;
- Techniques for blending Web and native apps;
- Techniques, methods and tools for migration of applications towards Web platforms;
- Users' requirements and technical constraints for running Web apps in mobile devices;
- Web technologies for integration and deployment of applications on smartphones;
- Usability of mobile Web apps;
- Use of semantic web technologies to build mobile Web apps;
*** AUDIENCE ***
The workshop is open to both research and practitioners interested in:
- Developing new Web applications that are aimed to be used on a smartphone;
- Techniques and methods for deploying/visualizing Web applications on mobile devices
- Developing Web applications that exploit mobile device capabilities (e.g., geo-location, sensor information);
- Understands users' needs and environmental constraints related to mobile Web applications;
- Using semantic web technology to build mobile (web) apps.
The workshop is open for both the Web and Mobile Systems/Computing communities.
*** SUBMISSIONS ***
We welcome contributions related to the topics of interest and formatted accordingly to the Springers LNCS guidelines (see http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). Submissions should not exceed 15 pages of length.
Papers must be submitted in pdf format using the the submission website at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=emotions2013.
Submitted contributions may not overlap with papers that have already been published in a journal, conference or workshop, or are currently under review. All contributions will be evaluated by at least three members of the program committee. Accepted contributions will be allocated 20 minutes presentation and 10 minutes for questions during the workshop.
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
EXTENDED Workshop papers submission deadline: May 7, 2013
Notification of Workshop papers acceptance: June 7, 2013
Workshop papers camera-ready version: June 25, 2013
Workshop tentative date: July 8, 2013
*** ORGANIZERS ***
Marco Winckler, University Paul Sabatier
Sven Casteleyn, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
FURTHER INFORMATION at: