DLA 2013 : Workshop digital preservation at the “Informatik 2013” conference
Call For Papers
We run a one day workshop on 20th of September 2013 about digital
preservation at the Informatik 2013 conference of the GI (Gesellschaft
The deadline for papers is the 22th of April 2013. Acceptance notice
will be given 20th of May. Camera ready papers have to be submitted
until 1st of July.
There is an ever increasing number of digital objects which need
long-term preservation solutions. Standards are evolving in this
domain and their implementation is in progress in various
organizations. We want to foster the exchange of ideas, methods and
best practices between organizations working in this domain. Possible
• Existing or developing standards in the domain of long-term
archiving / preservation
• Examples of implementations / applications of long-term archiving /
• Scalable and automatic working systems
• Metadata, exchange formats and long-term capable file formats
• Ingest and archiving of database, applications, web sites with
dynamic and multimedia content
• Archiving of complex digital objects like software, audio/visual
material, games and 3D objects
• Preservation in e-Government, e-Justice (digital files)
• Long-term archiving and preservation in the medical computer science domain
• Selection of digital objects for preservation
• Emulation and migration approaches in organizations
• New approaches for long-term archiving / preservation
Selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings as
Lecture Notes of Informatics. Please use the author guide lines
(available in English as well):
Papers can be between 5 and 15 pages (using the layout provided).
Submissions can be in English or German.
At least one of the authors has to register for (and attend) the conference.
Please use the conference system for your submissions: