Therminic 2013 : 19th International Workshop on Thermal Investigations of ICs and Systems
Call For Papers
C a l l f o r P a p e r s
The THERMINIC Workshop is an annual event that makes it possible for researchers from around the world to discuss essential and emerging thermal questions and best practices in the field of microelectronics.
The growing power dissipation and mobility of packaged microsystems raise new thermal challenges in the near horizon, making regular discussions among experts in these fields highly desirable. Finally, there is an increasing need for accurate assessment of the boundary conditions used in the analysis of electronic parts, which requires a concurrent solution of the thermal behaviour of a whole system. Thermal performance of a cooling solution is only one side of the medal. Thermo-mechanical reliability is the other. Increasing complexity of integrated systems in terms of materials, processes and interfaces requires design for reliability. Therefore, in addition to “traditional” thermal management, THERMINIC addresses stress and thermal-stress-related reliability issues. These challenges, faced in various nano-, micro- and power-electronic applications, are of significant importance and thus interest to the engineering community engaged in the field of thermal phenomena in “high-tech” systems.
The Workshop is sponsored by the IEEE Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology Society, by CMP, Fraunhofer ENAS, AMIC, TU Chemnitz and by Lausitz University of Applied Sciences.
AREAS OF INTEREST include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
• Ultra low form factor air cooling
• Thermal management of electronic components & systems
• Heat pipe assisted cooling
• Classical and modern thermometry and thermography
• Heat transfer on the nano-scale
• Multi-physics simulation & field coupling
• Thermo-electric cooling
• Thermal interface materials and their characterization
• Thermal performance of interconnects
• Thermal modeling & investigation of packages
• Temperature mapping
• Power electronics
• Novel and advanced cooling techniques
• High temperature electronics
• Nanotechnology applications
• Solid state lighting / LED
• Flow visualization
• Advanced thermal technologies & processes
• Sub-ambient cooling
• Thermal characterization in micro and nano domains
• CFD modeling and benchmarking
• Thermo-mechanical reliability of cooling concepts
• 3D integration cooling concepts
• Health monitoring
• Advanced thermal materials
• Lifetime modeling and prediction
• Cooling concepts: air, liquid, enforced, two phase
• Damage and fracture mechanics
The TECHNICAL PROGRAMME will include oral talks, poster presentations, special sessions, and invited talks given by prominent speakers.
AUTHORS ARE INVITED to submit an abstract describing recent work. Submissions will be accepted electronically by abstract upload. Detailed information about the submission process will be made available on the THERMINIC 2013 Web site:
In case you experience any problems with the submission procedure, please contact the Local Committee.
Accepted contributions will be published in the Workshop Proceedings, and archived in IEEE Xplore (provided they comply with the specifications).
Abstract submission deadline: 01 April 2013
Notification of acceptance: 03 June 2013
Submission of paper for workshop proceedings: 15 July 2013
VENUE: The Workshop will be hosted at the Fraunhofer-Forum Berlin, located in the heart of Berlin, close to the Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom) and the Spree river.